Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: setting seedbox....HELP!!

you dont pay for windows but i think they will charge you for changing os. i could be wrong its been months i had SL box.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Nope, not anymore. You can switch between them for no cost at all now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    If you want a gui, follow this tutorial : http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

really easy, you have a good box, so no problem running kde on it, i run it under three users on vectoral and works like a charm

(Plus the buggyme tutorial to setup a leeware box, will work on softlayer if you run fedora)

and don't make the mistake of going on windows, if you want stability, linux is way better!
    Yeah, tell the guys running ERP and industrial-grade storage and workflow systems on Windows about stability. Stability is not about OS, its about people who manage the setup.
    yeah sure...like there maybe 0,0001% of critical applications that run under windows and the rest on Unix....!

I've heard many guys here who had stability problems with their windows leaseweb box while i didn't have to make a single reboot in two months on my linux one.
    Last edited by KFlint; 08-06-2007 at 05:14 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Me. All me BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Not really... Loads and loads of megacorporations use windows servers...
    Banks, governments, hospitals you name it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12