Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: KeyWeb Seedbox

Smile

I waited until my former seedbox subscription expired before getting my keyweb server, but I've had my seedbox running on a keyweb VRS - Start 09 for nearly a week now using torrentflux-b4rt on Debian.

Since I set it up, I've been sustaining 5 - 20 mbit/s. I haven't pushed my VRS server to its limit yet since the price is unbeatable and I want to stay with them for a while

The main reason I switched to keyweb from my former seedbox is so that I can use RSS torrent feeds, which you can only do on torrentflux-b4rt with an administrator account. But now that I'm hosting my own seedbox, I have twice the disk space that I did previously and I can give seedbox accounts to my friends while paying a few dollars less per month.

Although their communication in English is very poor (both on their website and in emails), I would (so far) highly recommend them!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #132
    Seedbox Provider
    Push it to the limits and crack 3TB then let us know what happens with your bandwidth in following months

3. BitTorrent   -   #133
    Is keyweb giving remote desktop function?
    in VRS-Business 09 / RootDS-Start planks?
    Which one is the best?

4. BitTorrent   -   #134

Cool

I'm using the VRS-Start 09 package, and its working just fine for me.

VRS-Start 09
    Disk: 30 GB
    Guaranteed RAM: 512 MiB
    Burst RAM: 768 MiB
    Price: 7,90 €/month

They may offer some plans with a remote desktop. I'm sure they offer some kind of remote desktop with their M$ Windows servers.

I'd personally recommend sticking to Linux. It will most certainly cost you less and once you get acquainted with the open-source world, you'll never go back. The VRS-Start 09 plan has more than enough resources to run a light-weight remote desktop using Linux; the only catch is you would have to set it up yourself. There are several options for this, you could tunnel X11 over SSH, use VNC or FreeNX. I've used all of those and more, and FreeNX has the best performance over the internet hands down.

If you're only using your server as a seedbox, you don't really need a desktop... it will just take up disk space and memory that could be put to better use ;-) If you need help setting up a Linux seedbox/server, you can find everything you need to know by searching Google. If you new to Linux, stick with Debian or Ubuntu since they will be the easiest to learn.

5. BitTorrent   -   #135
    paramex's Avatar random
    xanderp123 I just saw their plan options and start09 is limited to 1.5TB, that seems a little low.

Some forumers here also mentioned that keyweb locks up box being used for torrenting?? Anyone has experienced this?

6. BitTorrent   -   #136
    @foxxcbuster
    You already asked it...
    If you want a remote desktop you have to setup it by yourself if you choose a linux system (Ubuntu and Debian are good). As xanderp123 said, you can choose VNC or NX. I personaly prefer VNC because it consumes less resources and is faster to launch, which is important on this kind of offer with limited cpu and ram.

For more security you can use it with SSH tunneling from your local computer. And if it's just to manage a bittorent client like UTorrent, you can install a very light desktop like Fluxbox.

7. BitTorrent   -   #137
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by paramex View Post
    Some forumers here also mentioned that keyweb locks up box being used for torrenting?? Anyone has experienced this?
    Hearsay. There's no reason a seedbox should lockup more than anything else.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314