Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Members Trying To Do Mods Jobs

Ex-member
    I did (and still do) some programming on my trusty old Commodore 64. I made a Breakout clone and a Snake clone, both of which were rather crude but still fairly playable

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    I know this is off topic but it's funny how history repeats itself-

TI vs C-64 vs Tandy

Windows vs Mac vs Linux

I'm just rediscovering the C-64 now through roms and emulators I've downloaded. Surprised at how well it runs on a modern PC too!
    With the recent trend towards micro systems and ram drives, maybe more stuff will come out of the attic.

Anyway..... before Lamsey moves my ramblings to another part of the forum lol,

Yes, pm's are helpfull. I still like to spend a bit of time participating in the forums myself.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@28 June 2003 - 23:29
    Consider yourself lucky to have had floppys! I started on a TI 99/4-a with tape backup. RS-232 was it? With a horrible scream from the cassete deck if you forgot to decrease the volume before a backup.
    I was quite privileged in that I managed to purchase one of the few extended basic modules available.

10> if c>230 then 440 else ......... 2 days to program a bloody sprite to jump up and down on the screen lol

(I'm sure the syntax is incorrect by the way for those of you who notice such things)
    If you want to get really serious. The first time I programmed a computer it was using an alphanumeric keypad. We put the code in using hex. After having spent days writing it and compiling it manually. The programmes were saved on "tickertape".

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Or punchcards.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    The first time I dipped my toes in programming waters deep was on a Sincliar Spectrum 48k. I got it to draw a circle!

6. Lounge   -   #36
    BANNED
    computers you guys had computers i had to hand write my programs on a sheet of paper show offs

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    You had paper? whoah!!

8. Lounge   -   #38
    FST Retiree
    this thread is getting way off topic could a mod move this to the software or hardware discussion section?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@29 June 2003 - 02:13
    You had paper? whoah!!
    In my day we just had coal from t'pit and the backs of our hands. We could'nt use the coal too much 'cos it was our family's dinner. Shall I carve father?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    DVD PIRATE
    Originally posted by Fluffy_Bunny@28 June 2003 - 16:08
    Okay, it's not just this forum. You've probably noticed it too. What's the deal with regular members (who may or may not have been on a forum for a long time) doing the jobs of the moderators? Members say things like "hey, that's the wrong forum", "stop spamming", etc. What is it? Don't you think the moderators can do a good enough job? In general, moderators do a great job and I don't think they need the extra help. Opinions?
    EVER HEARD OF THE SAYING "TOO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS" ?

HAS A STRANGELY DISTINCTIVE TONE TOO IT IF U ROLL IT OVER YOUR TONGUE A FEW TIMES DOESNT IT?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast