Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing Movies On Ps2?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Why would dvds screw up the PS2 exactly. The motor runs more when I play a game because I play a game longer. So what's the dealio?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    BANNED
    I alway thougth that too but i think DVDs have a different surface

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by Busyman@29 June 2003 - 14:56
    Why would dvds screw up the PS2 exactly. The motor runs more when I play a game because I play a game longer. So what's the dealio?
    I think the pronblem you get is the dreaded sonry disk read error(just search "sony dre")Mine was ok for a while playing dvd's but ultimately it went wrong And there is a way of playing vcd on playstaion but it is very limited 1 minute or so if i read the instructions right but then again i do get confused easily do a k-lite search for ps2-vcd file length is 500kb and if anyone understands it let me know lol

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Never had the problem and I have a 1st gen PS2. I also wonder if it has to do with where you bought it (regionwise). I live in the Washington DC area (US).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by Busyman@29 June 2003 - 15:31
    Never had the problem and I have a 1st gen PS2. I also wonder if it has to do with where you bought it (regionwise). I live in the Washington DC area (US).
    Busyman you may be one of the lucky ones i just did a quick search of yahoo and it came up with 6000 + sites talking about dre.Sony are getting sued(like to see how the public do )have a quick lookyahoo results

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    i had my ps2 for 2 years and then it slowly quit playing dvds then slowly quit playing the games. now it wont play a thing which really sucks because i payed full price on that biotch. I dont know what it is about the dvds but it really fucks up the laser or something. ive spoken with alot of people who work on these things and they say if you play dvds on your ps2 it will eventually fuck up where you cant play a thing on it. I have no answers of why it does it but i could tell you that it does and it will continue to do so. thats why sony is coming out with a ps3 which is supposed to topple the x-box but unfortunatly for sony there will be an x-box2 coming out the same year as the ps3. oh well go for the x-box2 i say.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by that1dude@29 June 2003 - 08:46
    any dvd will mess up your ps2. believe me and many others with fu<&ED up ps2s dont do any dvds in it or it will die faster.
    That&#39;s not always true. I&#39;ve always played DVD&#39;s in my PS2 and my PS2 is from the very first shipment to the US. So I have had over 3 years of lots of DVD&#39;s and alot of gameplay. And I have had no problems what-so-ever.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    well you must be one of the lucky ones. ive heard of many cases of whats happened to me but not alot in your case so consider yourself lucky just be careful.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    there is a way to play vcd on ps2, i have the format code and guide. its just it takes a while, its a bit long winded

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by yyiryyib@29 June 2003 - 21:01
    there is a way to play vcd on ps2, i have the format code and guide. its just it takes a while, its a bit long winded
    Or just go to the link I posted eariler and watch better quality DivX/XviD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast