Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forensic Software

Poster
    EnCase is fairly awesome, it is used by the law enforcement community in the UK and has been tested in court .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by JPaul@30 June 2003 - 14:27
    EnCase is fairly awesome, it is used by the law enforcement community in the UK and has been tested in court .
    True so true, the ability to incorporate it's finding into a finalized professional documented report makes it stand well in court.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    insanebassman
    I have used these guys data recovery software many times to great success.
    it is easy and not priced in the thousands...

Ontrack Data Recovery services and Software

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I accidently formatted a hard drive at work. But was able to retrieve 90% of all files, including the deleted 'Recycle Bin' files. Since the hard drive was recently defragged, recovering lost files was not hard.

I had a copy of that software (one of them atleast) and it is listed as VERY expensive. I downloaded it from K-Lite. I'll post the naem of it when I remember what it was.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@1 July 2003 - 21:42
    I accidently formatted a hard drive at work. But was able to retrieve 90% of all files, including the deleted 'Recycle Bin' files. Since the hard drive was recently defragged, recovering lost files was not hard.

I had a copy of that software (one of them atleast) and it is listed as VERY expensive. I downloaded it from K-Lite. I'll post the naem of it when I remember what it was.
    Nice one, I'd like a hash for that if you have one.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@1 July 2003 - 21:42

I did the same today I used Getdataback to recover most of my files, I lost the partition I kept my movies on but got everything else back.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Great, thanks for all your replies, please if you know a cheaper or free software to recover my files, because i lost very important paperwork and some Mp3s and video clips, actually 800 MP3s of mega rare remixes. It was such a shame, but i went so happy when i heard you can recover files deleted from the Recycling Bin.

But anyway please reply more, thanks so much

Janet.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Oh, I remember the name...

ONTRACK EASY RECOVERY DATARECOVERY Professional Edition V5.1

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Wont Windows Washer delete the files that are supposedly "undeletable?" It has someting that can "bleach" items. so Will indows Washer work?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I use a program like that... My stupid sister once decided to delete all my mp3s. cause shes against downloading stuff. I got pissed for a sec then I laughed at her she couldn't figure out why. I just sat down on the computer and recovered all my file right in front of her it was quit funny!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast