Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Gutenberg

I'm workong on a p2p app for texts. Gutenburg now supports MAGNET links, so you can DL their content from a p2p client.

I expect that when my client is working there will be lots of Gutenburg content on it, but of stuff written in the last 70 years starts coming up...meh!

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I have been a volunteer at PG for a few years now. It is easy to help out and takes a very small amount of time to yield large rewards for all. I highly recommend becoming a member and lending a hand

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztress View Post
    I have been a volunteer at PG for a few years now. It is easy to help out and takes a very small amount of time to yield large rewards for all. I highly recommend becoming a member and lending a hand
    You are to be congratulated on your unpaid efforts on behalf of others.

Thanks for that.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    very nice ....and many thanks , its great site

5. Lounge   -   #15
    eram's Avatar graff saves lifes BT Rep: +5
    wow . thank you for that! havent heard about this project . shame on me .
    looks like i have some new books to read

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I've heard about PG for a while now. I read Pride and Prejudice from a .txt file because I didn't feel like paying for the ghastly book... It was ok, reading from a computer screen, but I don't want to make it a habit (ouch).

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatsu View Post
    Which sucks, because the public domain was a good idea that's getting pissed on by companies like Disney
    It isn't "getting pissed on by companies like Disney." In fact, nothing is stopping authors from giving away their books for free.

Did I miss something, or did Tonkatsu just suggest that authors shouldn't be allowed to sell their books?
    Last edited by Acumen; 07-09-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12