View Poll Results: Account Ttrading: Good or Bad?

Voters
396. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

106 26.77%
  • Bad

217 54.80%
  • Not sure / not bothered

73 18.43%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Account trading: Good or Bad?

sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    Trading accounts is probably not good for the community itself, agreed.

But...the community can hardly complain about people who break their rules when they're breaking the law themseves
    Honesty among thieves

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    flaVius's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugur View Post
    So name them for all of us to know.
    I tallied it and didnt write the names down. Didnt want to point my finger at people specifically. I was just trying to make a point. If you think trading is bad I wont disagree with you. However, I do think the people that are saying its wrong should be quite when they are actively attempting to trade accounts. There is alot of that going on lately.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    In the past FST members were pointing the finger only at scammers.
    This is slowly changing and they are also pointing the finger at hardcore traders.

I think though, that the question should be "Can you resist trading"?

A lot of people understand that account trading is not good.
    Scammers also know that scamming is not good !

The thing is: are they willing to stay away of trading or scamming despite of the benefits they might get?

It means nothing to me if you are an active trader and claim you are against it.

It means almost nothing to me if you become an antitrader only if you acquire the trackers you want by trading. You will probably start trading again when a new tracker pops up in the top list.
    Do you remember how many "retired" traders here realized that it wasn't actually the right time to get their pension?

For me a mature antitrader is the one who can resist trading, even if he has rare invites that could get him into any other tracker he doesn't have and desires,and yet, he doesn't do it.
    Last edited by znik; 08-14-2007 at 12:03 PM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    @znik
    U simplify things, Buddy. It is not an issue of being black or white.
    Trading IS NOT bad in the 1st place. It isn't the right feature. Better be judged by: Useful or Not? I am a pragmatist, U know.
    I traded a lot in the past, and frankly speaking I enjoyed it. But I don't sh...t, where I ate. I quit, and started to help my friends here with giveaways and with any other issue if asked (assuming I was capable of doing that). I don't feel myself a bad person (actually, not worse than U) just because I traded, and that said trading was a terrific tool to get friends here with a lot of people (traders or not), whom I value and respect a great deal to date.
    Honestly IMO trading is fun, and not an ethical category like armed robbery - which is bad. That does not mean that I go back to trading or unretire...no. I've had enough (awesome pension got what I wanted, and even more importantly I 've found new perspectives, new challenges joining BitTorrent communities (I do not want to mention names). I am able to deliver at another level, and keeps me busy in the meantime. But who am I to make judgements? Nobody. I do not have the experience and wisdom yet. I even come to like my so -called "E-adversaries".
    Now I would not turn them down if had a favor been asked...
    A malis vituperari laus est.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    invites are to be given away acct if you are done with em give em up as someone else can get that slot with a invite
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie
    Do you think trading tracker accounts and invites is a good or bad thing for the BT community?
    it does not matter, there are and will always be users that take part in it
    When you quote me, please do not edit in words that are not there.
    This is what I actually typed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Do you think trading tracker accounts is a good or bad thing for the BT community?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    it is simply good when u dont have the tracker u want, and bad when u have it

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post

it does not matter, there are and will always be users that take part in it
    When you quote me, please do not edit in words that are not there.
    This is what I actually typed:
    Do you think trading tracker accounts is a good or bad thing for the BT community?
    well spotted
    Last edited by ibnahmed; 08-14-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Left out

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Trading accounts is the only way to get to the top trackers fast. And there's not that much "disrespect for community" (except breaking tracker rules) in trading - people did their service by providing bandwidth while they were buffering account for subsequent trade. Forbidding account trading here is a bad idea, there should be a place free of all tracker rules.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 08-14-2007 at 07:06 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    What alot of people are forgetting here is that the people that run trackers are putting themselves at risk for you. Tracker staff face fines, jail time and criminal records. The least we can do is respect their wish to lessen those risks. I don't think anyone here wants to spend time in a federal prison because someone traded an account to the wrong person.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    ...there should be a place free of all tracker rules.
    Why is that?
    Please explain what gives FST the right to flip the bird and say 'stuff you' to sites that are offering a filesharing service, when one of FST's main purposes is to promote and encourage said service.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast