Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Good The Bad And The Ugley

Good posts guys!

Thats Shocking "mutterings", What you went through must have been very bad, A, the Shock of the first incident, B,Then the dealings with the bus driver, And C, The aftermarth, Meaning the wait as you knew it was going to court.
    I am pleased that the outcome was not to bad for you.
    I find some Bus drivers and lorry Drivers think they own the road, And also because they are not the owner of the vehical they don't care, It's the old story, RUSH RUSH.

Baz

@Billy, I am sadend to all the years of trouble in your beautiful country,
    My Auntie is Irish & moved to england because of the trouble there.
    She has told me of the good times but mostly of the bad.
    I hope that one day peace will ride, I do wish this Billy.

I wish also that the move to Spain will be a good one, and you will soon settle.
    Your a good guy Billy And me & Jonno wish you the best,
    And most of all happiness.

:beerchug: Baz & Jonno
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

2. Lounge   -   #12
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@30 June 2003 - 20:20

@Billy, I am sadend to all the years of trouble in your beautiful country,
    My Auntie is Irish & moved to england because of the trouble there.
    She has told me of the good times but mostly of the bad.
    I hope that one day peace will ride, I do wish this Billy.

I wish also that the move to Spain will be a good one, and you will soon settle.
    Your a good guy Billy And me & Jonno wish you the best,
    And most of all happiness.

:beerchug: Baz & Jonno
    thanks so much guys - as usal you put a smile on my face

with more people like yourselves there would be less negativity !!!!!!

ps i hope your new member title doesnt mean you wont be talkin your typical, compulsory, sh*te !!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Good post Mutterings. A couple of things occur to me though. Firstly, you had made a mistake (nobody in their right mind cycles in front of a bus)- it happens. You seem to be taking the blame for the incident, but the driver did everything he could to provoke you- barely missing you in the first place, then the hand signals.
    I think he deserved it.
    On the other hand, I drive for a living (not a bus though, thank god), and there is a breed of cyclist that believe THEY own the road, and ride accordingly. They run red lights, cut across in front of you, and eye you with arrogant disdain, because they know that if you hit them (with the car that is), no matter what the circumstances are, the driver is automatically at fault. It doesn't matter if they come out of a blind alley at midnight wearing black clothes with no lights on their bike, the driver is automatically guilty of an offense.
    Don't get me wrong, this isn't an attack on you, or the majority of cyclists who realise that even if it IS automatically the fault of the driver it would be a cold comfort once they were confined to a wheelchair for life, and ride properly. But there are cyclists out there who get me incredibly angry by the way they ride, and to be honest I wouldn't lose any sleep if they did get knocked off by someone. They might learn a valuable lesson- you just have to hope they survive it, 'cos at the end of the day nobody wants to see that kind of stuff happen to anyone.
    Harsh? Maybe, but it's also true. Hope I haven't offended anyone, because it isn't my intent.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by Rhydian66@30 June 2003 - 22:27
    Good post Mutterings. A couple of things occur to me though. Firstly, you had made a mistake (nobody in their right mind cycles in front of a bus)- it happens. You seem to be taking the blame for the incident, but the driver did everything he could to provoke you- barely missing you in the first place, then the hand signals.
    I think he deserved it.
    rhydian66 i thnk i may have forgotten to mention i was on a motorcycle lol...but i know what you mean i had a guy giving me allsorts of abuse last week cos i adent given him 3 miles of space while he was riding his bike down the road!! I found a simple solution though i got out of the car and asked him to move on(in so many words )

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Oh, well in that case you're a crazy maniac who should be locked up forever.
    At least with bikers you have an engine and crash helmet- a chance to get out of the way, and a little protection if you don't make it. More to the point I can't see that smug look behind the visor.
    I like your style by the way. And just to keep it on topic, they must have a very negative outlook on life if they're so eager to fill it with pain.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by Rhydian66@30 June 2003 - 22:50
    Oh, well in that case you're a crazy maniac who should be locked up forever.
    At least with bikers you have an engine and crash helmet- a chance to get out of the way, and a little protection if you don't make it. More to the point I can't see that smug look behind the visor.
    I like your style by the way. And just to keep it on topic, they must have a very negative outlook on life if they're so eager to fill it with pain.
    I will have you know i am doing my bit for the community!!!!Mobile doner unit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12