Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: foul language

SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    ok let's just forget the past and start over
    this thread isn't been pointed at anyone this thread is a general issue i want your feedback on this issue.
    just forget the poster and focus on thread.
    i really try to have friends here not try to pick fights.

For Serving Community

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    I swear too much.
    I swear too little.. ffs

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    It's only words, upon which an arbitrary decision has been made that they are improper in polite society. They aren't even constant and change with time.

The decision to not use them in certain circumstances would be based on deferring to what would make the others present most comfortable. I do not know anyone who is not capable of doing that.

You are in a pub with friends you speak a certain way, with your children you speak a certain way. However the same can probably said about what you laugh at, how you dress, loads of different things. Most human beings are multi-faceted, tho' some people think that we shouldn't be and should talk, walk, dress the same way all of the time. They would deny us freedom of expression and freedom of action.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    It's only words, upon which an arbitrary decision has been made that they are improper in polite society. They aren't even constant and change with time.

The decision to not use them in certain circumstances would be based on deferring to what would make the others present most comfortable. I do not know anyone who is not capable of doing that.

You are in a pub with friends you speak a certain way, with your children you speak a certain way. However the same can probably said about what you laugh at, how you dress, loads of different things. Most human beings are multi-faceted, tho' some people think that we shouldn't be and should talk, walk, dress the same way all of the time. They would deny us freedom of expression and freedom of action.
    that's realy good comment
    thanks

For Serving Community

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    ok let's just forget the past and start over
    this thread isn't been pointed at anyone this thread is a general issue i want your feedback on this issue.
    just forget the poster and focus on thread.
    i really try to have friends here not try to pick fights.
    Everyone has said the same thing except for you.

Know your audience.

Know your surroundings.

I don't get how that is so hard for you to understand.

Most humans are not brainless automatons.

To a mild acquaintance I might say, "Hey man. What's up?"

To wifey I might say, "What the fuck you doin', woman? Fix me a fried up egg samich."

They both are okay.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    why you so aggressive man we are talking not fighting
    if you like to talk foul language who cares about it?

For Serving Community

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Only a moderator knows when the usage of epithets exceeds propriety or the bounds of good taste.

If you transgress, we'll fucking well let you dickheads know.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Only a moderator knows when the usage of epithets exceeds propriety or the bounds of good taste.

I was wondering where you had got to...

Must have good lawyers..

Or you spoke up for yourself.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

why you so aggressive man we are talking not fighting
    if you like to talk foul language who cares about it?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    my point was very clear but i guess no one was paying attention
    so i'll make it easy as possible
    well- educated people all around the world don't use foul language i mean those how has a faculty degree and graduated from well known universities.
    the reason behind that is simple they just feel that by using foul language it will makes them look bad and ruins their image among their environment.
    low level people in the other hand heal their demerits and their lack of knowledge by foul language because they have no other thing to protect them and if someone try to correct them they just snap and try to shut him up.
    cause they don't wanna hear it .they like it : it suits them and suits where they coming from that's why only people who comes from poor neighborhoods ,people who don't have well education living and surrounding by ignorants are likely to use foul language in daily basis and tries to make it looks good.
    not to mention other people who just look at foul language as a good way to express their feelings in some situations.
    so high level of education and knowledge the man is the lesser he will use foul words
    Last edited by SAM; 08-22-2007 at 02:31 AM.

For Serving Community

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast