Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Refill Ink Cartridges?

Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@1 July 2003 - 20:14
    ummm... I was extracting the Michael actually...

How are you going to get the pure water Spindulik? Distill it?
    As you are only too well aware so was I, only it was the urine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Ex-member

sorry, just doing some mouth exercises.

Wonder how Spindulik's getting on? Must be unable to type due to inky fingers...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Spindulik@1 July 2003 - 19:50
    I don't deal with Epson, because I don't want them "telling me what to do with my equipment".
    I don't really understand what you mean by that.

I've had Lexmark and HP and I won't be buying any of their expensive slow poor quality printers again.

But we all have our preferences.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@1 July 2003 - 12:14
    ummm... I was extracting the Michael actually...

How are you going to get the pure water Spindulik? Distill it?
    Where I work at, there is a lot of distilled water. (And de-ionized water too).
    Anyhow, I don't think it is that critical. I'll just use water from the "Polar Water" dispenser.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx+1 July 2003 - 12:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 1 July 2003 - 12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@1 July 2003 - 19:50
    I don&#39;t deal with Epson, because I don&#39;t want them "telling me what to do with my equipment".
    I don&#39;t really understand what you mean by that.

I&#39;ve had Lexmark and HP and I won&#39;t be buying any of their expensive slow poor quality printers again.

But we all have our preferences. [/b][/quote]

You see, EPSON, has introduced a chip into each of their ink cartridges. As the ink depletes, the chip stores that information. If you try to refill the cartridge, the printer will detect that, and shut down&#33;

You need to re-program the chip (with a programming tool) to reset the chip. Every time you re-fill&#33;

The programmers work on a battery and cost about &#036;30.00. You need one for the color cartridge and for other printer models, the Black too.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Spindulik@1 July 2003 - 21:48
    The programmers work on a battery and cost about &#036;30.00. You need one for the color cartridge and for other printer models, the Black too.
    Yeah, I&#39;ve got one of those, the one I&#39;ve got works on all cartridges (or at least all the ones that were around when I bought it 3 months ago). It works on originals and all the compatibles I&#39;ve used so far.

It&#39;s better than paying a fortune for a new cartridge every time one gets screwed up.
    And if you do screw up an epson cartridge you can always get one without a chip for a very small amount and transfer the chip from the broken cart.

Supposed to work about 1000 times (or 10 years).

I&#39;ll post back in 5 years time and let you know if it&#39;s still working
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12