Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How you got started with invites

I started out using torrentspy after I figured out what bittorrent was about eh about 3 1/2 years ago. Then I realized how terrible it was. I heard about demonoid and caught it in open signup right off the bat. Then that died and I cried for months. Kidding. I then got on IPT during open reg, then got invited to TD, then STM, then What, then got RevTT and TDC in open reg, then got invited to TT and TL. I don't really need anything else now. 'Cept ftn of course.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Kapone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I started with a invite from a friend for Supertorrents. Then just networked and became helpful and earned invites to TL, RevTT,bitme,and bitmeTv. Been a great ride and met many good friends and people.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Well I discovered demonoid, Then I found out that there were many more of these private trackers.

So I then met a good friend named "Bblogs". This guy was a great person. He taught me everything about torrents(How to use them,How they work etc.). He was a great teacher and I probably wouldn't even be posting this if it wasn't for him.

That's pretty much it...

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    My first private tracker was OiNK followed soon by DigitalHive. I got a number of invites from the OiNK PU Forum to some great sites like TL and goem. I got into what.cd where a nice user recognized me and gave me an invite to ScT based on my stats and history at what.cd and some other sites. I even got into some great trackers on open sign-up, notably TD and STMusic (both invite-only now). Overall I've been pretty lucky. It really helped getting to know people especially in the beginning when I was using DC++ in the college hub and some helpful people got me started with private trackers. Overall, just being nice to people and helping out when possible and hanging out in site IRC channels has led me to make friends and later invites to the sites I was interested in.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I started with demonoid (as 90% of the people, I think) and then a friend gave me an TL invitation! Thus, I began my interest about bt!
    I met good people in the forums of some Brazilian`s trackers who invited me to revtt and bitmetv!
    Around one year later I was invited to be part of sct!!
    Now i giveaway my invites on the foruns that i am member!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Wow, i cant believe this thread has been dragged out again, its been a while. I may as well add an update, i now no longer really share invites any more for a few reasons:

1)There have been people who have let me down on BitMeTv and LearnBits

2)Most people are not active when i invite them

3)When i do give aways nobody responds to my threads anyway

I have everything i want these days but really only use FSC, FTN, MMA Tracker (my favorite),TL, and one that cant be mentioned as it would be breaking the rules

The only one i long for now is Revolt, which i honestly think will never happen
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I started off with BCG. I got in there when it was open sign ups. Then I started watching threads there and got to talking with other members, and started seeing all these other sites people were in at, and seeing that people were almost dying to get into certain other sites.

So from there I went to Demonoid. Within the first month or so I got invited to OiNK. Then once I made PU there, things just started to take off. I started getting invited to a lot of sites.

I got addicted there for a while and started collecting sites. I've gotten into almost everywhere that I wanted. I had over thirty sites at one point. But then I realized there is absolutely no point for that. So I gave away a lot of site, and hold onto and use only a choice few now. There are only two sites that I really want right now. And I have no doubt that I will eventually get them.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    I was member in TL since 2005 and my acc. was deleted accidentally last December
    When they opened inv.s on Feb, I signed up here to find I must w8 for a month
    I managed to get TL inv. from their irc, (cuz I was an old there and it wasn't my fault my acc. deleted)
    After I had access to inv. forum I managed to get revtt (1st time to hear about it) & bitme (on my bookmarks since 2005 or 2006)
    Um now willing to get inv.s to ScT, ScL, BCG & FTN but public giveaways are forbidden in all of them & I haven't any rep (cuz um not a member of pp *.ro or any sites gives u 4 inv.s daily and won't be member of them) so I guess I have to w8 for a longer period

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    kaftan's Avatar Poster
    It all started when I lost my account with cinema obscura. I had one before they went private but after travelling for a while and then waiting to be able to afford a new system after my MoBo shat itself, I got back online and found out that they were now a private tracker and my account had been removed due to a lack of use. I searched and searched and searched until I came across FST and discovered a whole new world of torrents. Up to that point it had all been public trackers with the exception of demonoid, which was more or less public. So, I told my tale of woe on here and someone who I will always be grateful to gave me an invite. After proving my self there, I managed to pick up a KG and a BTmusic invite as well. Music has always been my first passion so I soon begged and pleaded my way into a ?CD invite and abandoned the 320kbps files I was getting off soulseek and stepped up to FLAC heaven. Now I am just building a rep (mostly quota based) so that I can get into waffles, pedros and maybe the unmentionable one. I have recently set up to rip my old LP's to FLAC so I am hopping this will increase my chances.

Born to lose, live to win. Say what you think, do what you say (Che Geuvara)

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Don't know anymore how it all started out or with what tracker.

Only thing I know is that when i started with BT you could get into every tracker because BT was still young and most trackers were still looking to get members.

Now it's the other way around ... there are soo many good members using BT that the private trackers can be very picky on who they let in and who they don't.

In the past (years ago) I had quite a shitty connection and some stupid quota so that I couldn't really be active on all these trackers. I was member on many now closed trackers and many almost unreachable trackers but lost most of these accounts due to inactivity.

Got a much better connection now, and have been recently arriving here because a buddy of mine mentioned FST as a good community.
    I came and saw he was right. Lot's of active members helping each-other out. I am slowly building my accounts so that in the near-future I can do something back for this community.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast