Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a way I can brake the cap my isp put on my internet speed

Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    Theres really no easy or legit way to uncap modems either downstream or upstream. Theres your short answer.

And here is your trophy for dumbest thread of the day
    The day is still young, many more posts yet to come i think you should save the trophy until the end of the day

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    It's doable but it involves a lot of hacking, firmware changing, etc. and you can easily get caught. If you have a Motorola modem (SB3100, SB4100, SB4200, SB5100) it's easier you just have to build a cable so that you can change the firmware to a hacked one. If you have an RCA modem there are also some tutorials out there, for other modems I haven't seen anything yet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I've read how to do it to a ntl modem, didn't sound too difficult, but I'm too chicken.
    Basically you sniff out some mac addresses in a different area to where you live (get someone else to do it and trade with them) then change the mac on your modem so the cable co thinks you are the persons who's mac address you've stolen and gives you their internet package (use a mac address of someone who is on the highest package).
    t.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    That's not uncapping, that's mac spoofing. And that's not a very nice thing to do especially if there are bandwidth limits.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It's not a stupid question at all. I've been aware of cable hacking pretty much since cable modems came out. I just never had the nerve to do it. When modding consoles or hacking satellite there's no feedback to the provider. With cable hacking you really have to know your stuff. Plus If I get caught I don't have an alternative ISP where I live.

Anybody here successfully hack their cable modems without getting caught?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yeah I haxed my 28.k dial up to 1gbit dl speed and 500mbps ul speed lolers

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    FIOS is one of the best ISP's in America as written in PC mag and from what I hear..its one of the only ISP's to give you the speed they advertise.
    it should be in my area within a year. right now I have Comcast, which is giving me a 30kbp/s max upload

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123