Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Revolt Thread

Heroo's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Edit
    Last edited by Heroo; 08-23-2007 at 11:19 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Why don't you try it out, you have nothing to lose?

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    jounior's Avatar offline for exam BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    any body manage to get into browsing page yet

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    smervincle's Avatar Member BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by trikster View Post
    just like here, isn't it?
    Yes. And why not here than on another small community?
    Your Faithfull Seeder,
    SmerVinCLE

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    umm u cant get on the browsing screen until u become a pu i believe so 4 weeks + 100 posts

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by nikmash232 View Post
    umm u cant get on the browsing screen until u become a pu i believe so 4 weeks + 100 posts
    only 25 post not 100

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    I thought I would stick this message here as it has our name in the title. As you are all aware we let 500 members in last night. A great deal will depend on them whether we open it up again. First signs don't look good as some of the people we allowed in have already been caught cheating. I will not tell you how but we know when people aren't what they seam.

I have received a stack of private messages which I won't answer.......this is the answer to all of the pm's.

I do believe that we will probably get about 10% good members from the 500 intake. if we do it will have been worth it and we will consider doing it again.

Let me state once again we are not a bit torrent site. If that' what you are after you will be disappointed

I'll not take any more of your time

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by josegavara View Post
    I thought I would stick this message here as it has our name in the title. As you are all aware we let 500 members in last night. A great deal will depend on them whether we open it up again. First signs don't look good as some of the people we allowed in have already been caught cheating. I will not tell you how but we know when people aren't what they seam.

I have received a stack of private messages which I won't answer.......this is the answer to all of the pm's.

I do believe that we will probably get about 10% good members from the 500 intake. if we do it will have been worth it and we will consider doing it again.

Let me state once again we are not a bit torrent site. If that' what you are after you will be disappointed

I'll not take any more of your time

It's a shame that ppl would take advantage of stuff like this, JUST for trading leverage! makes it hard for others like myself who maybe interested in a "COMMUNITY" enviornment. i'm growing to like fst more and more BUT however, i would also like to see what else is out there and make lots of new friends..... it almost seems unfair that because is rated as "RARE" ppl who have absolutely no use for it try not only grab one account, but multiple accounts which takes away from the rest of us..

i do hope that you guys have open regs again... SOON!

thats my 2 cents
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It's a shame that ppl would take advantage of stuff like this, JUST for trading leverage! makes it hard for others like myself who maybe interested in a "COMMUNITY" enviornment. i'm growing to like fst more and more BUT however, i would also like to see what else is out there and make lots of new friends..... it almost seems unfair that because is rated as "RARE" ppl who have absolutely no use for it try not only grab one account, but multiple accounts which takes away from the rest of us..
    it was bound to happen i am afraid to say, like jasperr said only around 10% or so will turn out to be good. and some would have signed on or multiple sign ups to trade as i have already seen
    Last edited by Chewie; 08-23-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: fixed quote

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    I wasn't sure where to post my thoughts...on the Revolt thread, or on an anti-trading thread, but I'm sure it will be read one way or the other so here goes.....

I'm certainly not the first one to notice that within minutes of Revolt opening up their doors for signups, the forums here equally filled up with people offering Revolt accounts for trade.

THis act alone typifies exactly what many (including my voice) have been saying all along about why trading is wrong.

Cannot it be seen that there is no respect given to this site whatsoever if all you do is sign up and then toss the account away only to get something better. For any trader who is giving away their fresh account.....Please tell us why are you giving it away so quickly!!!! What's your plan!!!

When someone follows an account trading practise, please stop and consider just how many hands will touch this account before it finally comes to a resting place. Will it be used by someone to hit and run, or will it fall into the hands of someone from the *entertainment industry* so that they can mess up another quality site!

People who trade cannot see beyond themselves in the here and now. THey argue that...hey I"m honourable...I don't cheat. If I make a trade I don't hold back and steal the other account. I give and I take and it's all cool. To me that argument is bullshit. The second the account leaves your hands it is just moving down a chain and the chances are at one point or another someone will take over the account and mess it up. They'll HnR, they'll be the last seeder and delete before the leechers can finish. I cannot tell you how many times I have been royally PISSED OFF, when my download dies at 80 or 90% because the last seeder in his/her idiotic selfishness decides they don't need to hang out any more.

What is the thinking behind abandoning a needed seed???? Because you have no loyalty to the community or to the principles of torrenting. It is all about being selfish. Taking what you want when you want and the hell with everyone else.

I believe those individuals who sign up for sites because they want them, are far more likely to be responsible. They post on the forums, they upload torrents, they help keep the site positive and growing. Why....because they have a personal investment in making things better, rather than just being selfish.

So...why is trading bad....think about this!!! People need to stop defending their right to trade without an awareness of the big picture and it's impact on others.
    Last edited by kallieb; 08-23-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast