Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: revolt disabled

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    It seems that traders are extremely stupid. If Tor endpoints aren't banned I don't see any problem creating at least a couple of dupes.
    Until 2 people are using tor, and the same IP appears on both accounts, and guess what? Ban for suspected dupe accounts.
    Dont use proxy networks on private sites, bad idea if you want to keep your account.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    mestari's Avatar Witchmaster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It's too big shame for all of us FST users that we got that kind of opportunity and some stupid kids are spoiling all the thing..!

I myself missed that signup and I can't do nothing for that. But all of those dupe account creators can come to suck my toes...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    It seems that traders are extremely stupid. If Tor endpoints aren't banned I don't see any problem creating at least a couple of dupes.
    Until 2 people are using tor, and the same IP appears on both accounts, and guess what? Ban for suspected dupe accounts.
    Dont use proxy networks on private sites, bad idea if you want to keep your account.
    Chances are low with all kinds of proxy (including cgi proxy at your own host) services available and only 500 free slots. And even if site checks ip addresses against lists of known proxies and hosting providers you'll keep your original account.

Actually, I like the idea of using non-US proxy for accessing warez-related sites for additional security.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    they just wanted to create some free space

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by mestari View Post
    It's too big shame for all of us FST users that we got that kind of opportunity and some stupid kids are spoiling all the thing..!

I myself missed that signup and I can't do nothing for that. But all of those dupe account creators can come to suck my toes...
    You are totally right.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by svk69 View Post
    people cut the crap and stop bitching that u got ban ... get over it
    Hey buddy you should calm down, I dont konw why you guys feel the need to start bashing me, I said my part.

And If you noticed I also said i still have my account. I was just letting you guys what it was like.

But Im sure all the people that got banned deserved it. Hell look at oink, they too really know how to catch them. You can ask Skizo about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post
    exactly site dont just ban ppl for a laugh or for nothing
    Dosent mean they're always right and you'd be surprised what ppl do for a laugh these days.
    Last edited by Fibo; 08-24-2007 at 07:43 PM.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    seems like they figured out of the 500 they let signup about 20-30 might be an asset to the community, sounds about right to me

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    I have a guess to make to all those who were banned from revolt and do not know why.

There is another interesting post in the BitTorrent Section here on FST and it is called...(and I paraphrase) ... What do you do when you join a new tracker... Well from this thread a common suggestion was made many times: Number one rule....Read the rules.

I joined revolt and feel very lucky to have done so. It is a forum and a community for the sharing of ideas, not to get uploads. There are tons oof sites out there for that purpose.

But, back to why maybe someone was banned..

By reading the rules for Revold it is stipulated that there are very few but important and they are enforced. The rules say...you must have 25 quality posts before moving on to other features of the community.

People are warned that (and this is my words not theirs) if they start to spam like idiots by joining threads and saying stupities that do not even make sense, then you likely were banned for that.

For example, one section I really like (and I have to hold back as I could post 100 times there I'm sure) is a word game. You take the word that was before and you have to make a new word from the letters, but you also have to change only one letter. For example you go start with the word apple, and the next word would be ample. On and on is has been going for over 70 pages!!

It is fun..

Well you would not believe the stupidies posted there. You can tell people are just in a hurry and want their 25 posts without any thought put in to it. They just post random words. You can tell they have not even bothered to read the first post that tells the rules.

So for anyone who was banned, and they say for truth that the didn't create dupe accounts, you must then ask yourself...did you try to post 25 times in one hour with out much thought or consideration to the posts you were making, or the point of the threads that you were joining???

It has been said many times here, membership in trackers must first follow the rules, and respect the members and the community. Only by doing this can you be a good member.

Just my two cents....

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster
    There's a list of all known traders and cheaters maintained by a few trackers that Revolt checks all signups against. If your email or IP fall on it, you'll be banned.
    If you're truly confused about what happened to your account, this may explain it.
    Last edited by Roark; 08-24-2007 at 08:53 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    It's really unfortunate that so many people created dupe accounts and didn't let the rest to have the chance to join that site...

These people don't respect any community...

All they know is how to trade pokemon cards and dupe accounts.

I really don't think that they were banned because of spam posts.

I was one of the lucky ones, but it is still miserable to watch all these banned accounts...
    Last edited by znik; 08-24-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast