Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the First Steps that u do when u gettin a new Tracker?

dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I check the rules and don't obey them. Then i start to leech and after i'm done i Hit'n'Run. After that, and to get my buffer to -10GB, i trade my account.

Not.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    go to browse, sort the list by seeders, and look for exclusive content

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I go to the faq/rules and see if they've bothered to change it from the standard source code. I then have a look around the rest of the site and the torrents. I then usually decide that the site is ugly, poorly coded and has nothing unique to offer and delete my account/leave and never come back. It's been over a year since I found a site that I liked enough to stick with.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Check the rules/faq. Post in the hello thread. Then I take a look at the different categories offered. I see which are popular and get the most traffic. Try find stuff I already have for some easy ratio and then I try and get a feel for how the tracker works. I'll wait atleast a few hours beforedownloading anything. I check too see how often things are uploaded and how fast people jump on them. It lets me know what my strategy is for the site. If it's one of those sites you only grab stuff that is freshly released (less than an hour) and only seed for a day or two before no one wants the file anymore, or if it's some place that you seed stuff for a month or more and still get decent traffic on it. Once I get a decent enough buffer then I start grabbing the stuff that I really want instead of the good seeding material. I found it's easier to build up a buffer before you start grabbing the stuff you actually want. Otherwise you'r making it twice as hardto keep a decent ratio.

<-

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    what i do is check the FAQ AND RULES and say hello
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    1 - Check the Rules and FAQ to see if there is any difference from the standard stuff.
    2 - Check forums for any unique rules mentioned there.
    3 - Look for a hello/hi/welcome thread to introduce myself.
    4 - Edit profile and change number of torrents per page to either 50 or 100.
    5 - Search for something I can seed.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    I download the newest torrents and start seeding them. As they are downloading I read the rules and see where I have to get to in order to get invites. I seed to that amount overnight and stop the torrents in the morning. Then I usually wait until I am given invites, unless of course the site is a very good one, in which case I download things that I may actually want.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    generally i read the rules and faqs must be familiar with rules so that you dont get banned,know abt their ratio system and say hello in the introduction thread

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I check rules and faq and the i browse forum fo a little time.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Virt2al's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    I read the rules. From the FAQ i read only things that are different from the other sites
    Then I go to my profile and change some details and then I start browsing the torrents

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast