Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding Up Dl

woosh...it actually works for me

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    wow my speeds doubled thx roadster

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    I've noticed in the past changing a port is kinda like jumping a SN or restarting KaZaa, sources kick in, though things remain about the same thereafter. Though I see no long term improvements yet. I also wonder why that port would help, actually it seems it may be an old tale started by someone that was scanning that port, who knows. Though Swieteck also makes a good point here, changing your port to often stops return uploaders from finding you.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Does n e one know how to make your downloads from a 56k to its highest potential?

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    sorry "WooriedGuy" im a fellow 56k'er and there is really nothing you can do...the most you can hope to d/l is 6kb/s (if ur lucky)....but 56k normaly d/ls @ 1-4kbs
    yep dial-up sucks

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    chalkmongoose
    Unless you link four or five modems together, then it rocks. Search on Google for modem linking.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    bgymn2000
    Weird, ive been having connection probs with one dl so i tryed to change the port and no luck. So i changed it to 1214 (it was something else at first) and bam, it goes from .78 k/s to 35 k/s. Thats strange considering everybody else got a boost from the opposite.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    A.Frosty1
    I`m sorry if i seem a bit simple here,i`m a total novice at using pc`s so could someone tell me how i go about changing my port number. Many thanks. :beerchug:

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Go into kazaa+ options (click on options at top of your kazaa)and click 'firewall',now change the port number at bottom of box to whatever you want

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    It goes slower. Even with 6 users to .36kbs

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast