Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do I do here?

optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    irc is really indispensable tool and little time invested into it will pay back.
    it's relatively simple to start as one just have to grasp concept of channels, user modes and private messages.

for example authentication through /msg is just a private message to nickserv like it would be to any other user. nickserv ain't part of irc protocol, nor it's an ordinary user, it's a bot (aka service) with elevated privileges (something like an admin ) set up by the network (these days often network = 1 torrent server) to implement authentication. so the syntax of the message you send to it can be different on different networks. other common services are chanserv and memoserv. many channels use their own bots for their own purposes as nobody likes to sit on the channel 24/7.

mirc is really superior to it's competition, there is great number of scripts that may ease your work, or you can write your own. for example once you registered to a nickserv service, you can just add to your alias section

Code:
    login { msg nickserv identify YOURPASSWORD }
    and next time you're asked for password just type /login

or you can add to your remote section something like

Code:
    on 1:notice:*type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password*:*: { 
      if ($nick == nickserv) { 
         if ($network == revolutiontt) msg nickserv identify YOURREVTTPASSWORD 
      }
    }
    and it will auto-identify you when you receive notice containing text "type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password" from user with nick "nickserv" on network revolutiontt (and that happens when you use registered nickname). so with mirc scripts your options are unlimited

also you can download full blown mirc scripts that have all bells and whistles in comfortable graphic menus...
    Last edited by optimus_prime; 08-31-2007 at 10:38 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    lol

Your just as bad as me skizo....took me a while to even jump in our own iRC channel. I have everything people have showed me saved on a .txt file for future reference. Now i just copy paste as needed
    Proud Member of:

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I don't use mirc. I have found chatzilla a bit easier.
    I use it too, IRC Noob I am....
    But I find the whole IRC thing fugly and avoid it whenever possible. I only really use it if I have trouble with an acct...and I'm happy that way.
    Same. I usually just post any issues in the tracker's forum. IRC is just a pain. Again, surely some other easy to use program could replace it.

There are several other chat programs which are easy to use. Why the heck doesn't someone use them? Trackers, stop being sheep and move on to a better program.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ScT are notorious for that, and then they fukkin ban you for giving them the complaint you can't send by PM, fukkin useless piece of shit.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    ScT are notorious for that, and then they fukkin ban you for giving them the complaint you can't send by PM, fukkin useless piece of shit.

yo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123