Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Hell are Ebooks so appealing!?

i think audio books were originally invented for the disabled but everyone is "on the go" that people just use them alot more.

i pop something that interests me into my mp3player or listen off the laptop on the commute to work or when im out on a walk. ebooks are the best things ever

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I simply take the Ebook, turn it vertically on screen, turn the screen itself vertically, and well, it gives me the feeling i'm reading an actual book.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    ilya's Avatar Proud Israeli BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Actually i am wondering the same thing for quite some time... i can't seem to find the reason

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I can read from a screen just fine, I guess I've been doing it for 15 years, kind of got used to it.

I will definitely choose a hard copy book if I can, over an ebook. But searching is a major plus. And being able to copy paste. And the storage requirements for 50k ebooks is significantly less than 50k RL books.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Well, to answer the question of ebooks' appeal... you can get them for free...

But, personally, I can't stand ebooks. Staring at a monitor with nothing but lines and lines of text just feels too weird.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I transfer my ebooks to my PDA and read them wherever I want. Also, thanks to ebooks, I'm willing to try a lot more titles since it's free. When I travel, I can carry 1000s of ebooks on my PDA, which takes up less space then a paperback.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Best way to read ebooks is with a ebook reader:

These pieces of kit use something called e-ink.

When you change the page magnetic ink flows to the parts where the word is but the plus side is it's practically like reading a book since there is no backlit LCD messing your eyes up.

You can store thousands of books on a decent sized memory card and in a few years there will be ebook readers with flexible displays and proper colour:

It looks like e-reading is the future

8. Lounge   -   #18
    StuJB
    I've got the Sony Reader - awesome piece of kit. Otherwise ebooks are just as the first poster described!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I like using them based on that fact that they're free!

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by StuJB View Post
    I've got the Sony Reader - awesome piece of kit. Otherwise ebooks are just as the first poster described!
    I agree. I'm getting a Sony Reader soon...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast