Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Why the Hell are Ebooks so appealing!?

kasuser's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mygb View Post
    Some books are soo expensive. Plus some come with a CD for learning or something so you can put it on your iPod and print off the pages you want to read or the whole thing.
    and that is the key. ebooks are often too expensive for the value.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    I`m in Japan on a study-abroad... hard to find cheap english books around here I read em out of necessity.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    The Ipad looks like its gonna make reading a E Book a lot better.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    im pretty sure it's the cost-savings and "affordability" of ebooks that make it appealing

i mean honestly, reading on a monitor or a screen sucks. i have yet to try an e-reader such as amazon's kindle, but i despise trying to read pages of text on the screen. it hurts my eyes

5. Lounge   -   #55
    I can't stand reading on the computer. Im fine for short articles ect, but when it comes to a book I just can't do it.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Fenomen's Avatar n00b
    Yes, it is way to hard to read on computer. I must have "material" in my hands in order to read properly and think.

I noticed that there is obsessive need of having a lot of e-books. Maybe, the one collecting it, thinks he/she reads them all with just only downloading it.

P.S. There is an interesting book by Thomas Hylland Eriksen: "Tyranny of the Moment: Fast and Slow Time in the Information Age". Some chapters are about our constant need to "have" knowledge rather than experiencing real learning process. As he said, it keeps us "informed" and "synchronized with actual happenings" in the world.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenomen View Post
    Yes, it is way to hard to read on computer. I must have "material" in my hands in order to read properly and think.

I noticed that there is obsessive need of having a lot of e-books. Maybe, the one collecting it, thinks he/she reads them all with just only downloading it.

P.S. There is an interesting book by Thomas Hylland Eriksen: "Tyranny of the Moment: Fast and Slow Time in the Information Age". Some chapters are about our constant need to "have" knowledge rather than experiencing real learning process. As he said, it keeps us "informed" and "synchronized with actual happenings" in the world.
    i concur.

ill check out the book you just recommended. sounds interesting

8. Lounge   -   #58
    I like having a real book in my hand trust me on that. But e-books are so appealing and you dont have to worry about the book pages geting old lol

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Poster
    If I'm going to travel and want some books for time-wasting, I won't choose a bunch of books over handy e-books.

Of course, for serious reading, real hardcover books are the best.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Unthinkable's Avatar (C) BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i am not so interested in audiobooks, reading ebooks is very helpful to your brain

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast