Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Be carefull

Lol, sorry im wrong my ratio was something like 1.400 so i think i only uploaded about 14-16GB, still no idea why i was disabled.

My username was garyg.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    rvt I think it's ok that people are punished by taking away their invites for a period of time or permanently but banning the user especially if there a productive member isn't right in my opinion.

Another thing is I've heard the site also bans someone's invite tree when they ban that person that's another thing I feel isn't right.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    we have banned hole invite trees before and will do it again. We do it based on user and what there invites have done. In most cases invite were nothing but problems and looked at for cheating and or trading. But is is not the norm for Wb and to get your invite tree banned with you then you had to do something vvery bad.

Wild

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    @chucky: Banned for a few reasons.

The invite you got was given out on a trading forum (doesn't say which). The guy who invited you is warned. This put you on a watch list.

Despite your ratio, you were clocked downloading 10 torrents, each with only one seeder, then disappearing very quickly. All of those files are now left seedless.
    Here's from the rules:
    New members (members with accounts less than 4 weeks old) and members with a ratio below 1.00 should always continue to seed for at least 48 - 72 hours or until they reach a upload to download ratio of 1:1, whichever comes first. Members with ratios above 1.00 may stop seeding immediately after download, if the torrent has a seeder to leecher ratio of 6:1 or higher.
    You were both a new user and leaving torrents with 0 seeds while not getting 1:1 on them.

You were also warned previously for requesting invite trades on the bmtv forums.

This ban had nothing to do with where your invite came from, and everything to do with your behaviour as a member. Your inviter is not banned, and 2 of his other invites have survived.
    Last edited by rvt; 09-01-2007 at 11:45 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    @chucky: Banned for a few reasons.

The invite you got was given out on a trading forum (doesn't say which). The guy who invited you is warned. This put you on a watch list.

Despite your ratio, you were clocked downloading 10 torrents, each with only one seeder, then disappearing very quickly. All of those files are now left seedless.
    Here's from the rules:
    New members (members with accounts less than 4 weeks old) and members with a ratio below 1.00 should always continue to seed for at least 48 - 72 hours or until they reach a upload to download ratio of 1:1, whichever comes first. Members with ratios above 1.00 may stop seeding immediately after download, if the torrent has a seeder to leecher ratio of 6:1 or higher.
    You were both a new user and leaving torrents with 0 seeds while not getting 1:1 on them.

You were also warned previously for requesting invite trades on the bmtv forums.

This ban had nothing to do with where your invite came from, and everything to do with your behaviour as a member. Your inviter is not banned, and 2 of his other invites have survived.
    Ok thanks, now i know why i was banned, the reason i left those torrents is because they had no leeches, i was the only leech.

I should have just kept them on, my bad again thanks for explaining.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    after all this post and doing a little research i've found anything i needed in other tracker which doesn't have psycho staff like bitmetv and has everything bitmetv has
    and i got a new user at bitmetv , wasn't that hard lame tracker lol

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    after all this post and doing a little research i've found anything i needed in other tracker which doesn't have psycho staff like bitmetv and has everything bitmetv has
    and i got a new user at bitmetv , wasn't that hard lame tracker lol
    TVTORRENTS.com is the only site i can think of that is similar in content to bitmetv.com.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345