Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Excellent Marketing (ps3 Info)

Poster
    Lol i cant stop laughing at this freak dude. His comment have no evidence to back him up and he is making a fool of himself. Im not saying I support Busyman, or anyone here due to the information being presented being rather dodgy, but this topic is truly fun to read due to people thinking they know so much.

2. Games   -   #42
    Poster
    Okay I might have misunderstood but didn't someone say that the ps3 processor was gonna be 1Gig, well I'm sorry but should this impress me? I mean the xbox already has a 733mhz so I'm saying for all we do for them they better give us atleast a 1.5Gig. And just a thought about the war. IMO it may be a bad mistake not to include ps1 backward compatability in the new ps3. Because if the rumors of xbox2 being backward compatable and who knows maybe Gc2 also, then this would virtually eliminate the advantage sony gets from this. Because although the ps2 has more games than xbox presently the ratio will decrease I think. Just my thoughts and so there is no confusion on my allegiances, I own all three new systems Xbox is my choice for all new multi-platform games and they have some real nice exclusives also. Need I mention halo? Ps2 is it for their awesome line-up of exclusives. And GC what can i say I'm a veteran gamers and the kiddy types they have strikes up the nostalgia of when this was the rule not the exception. And they also have a few mature titles that rule i.e. RE, Eternal darkness. So I guess I'm saying its a conspiracy too get our money evidenced by the fact that IBM is working on the new chip for both the ps3 and the xbox2 :

3. Games   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    What's dodgy TNT. All of what I said is either common sense marketing or you can read it yourself in a trade journal. I don't know about this 1 GB because I didn't read it so I don't comment on it. Companies can change their specs easily between now and launch day.
    Freak probably heard initially the PS3 would play PS1 games and then never heard differently when in fact Sony did say later that it would only play the PS2(and 3) titles (and he can't turn back now )
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by gbfan@7 July 2003 - 21:07
    Okay I might have misunderstood but didn't someone say that the ps3 processor was gonna be 1Gig, well I'm sorry but should this impress me? I mean the xbox already has a 733mhz so I'm saying for all we do for them they better give us atleast a 1.5Gig.
    Yeah, you kind of misunderstood... I said that I'm thinking (e.g. "my thoughts", "personal opinion", "educated guess", pick one...) the PS3 will be around 1GHz. However, I had thought about it a little more and I feel it will probably be between 1.5 and 2GHz. This isn't based on anything I've read; just an extrapolation of current technology vs. game console technology.

And just a thought about the war.  IMO it may be a bad mistake not to include ps1 backward compatability in the new ps3. Because if the rumors of xbox2 being backward compatable and who knows maybe Gc2 also, then this would virtually eliminate the advantage sony gets from this.
    So? There comes a point when piling on compatibilities and features actually becomes a hinderance to the performance of any system. If backwards compatibility with PS1 games means the PS3 will have to tone down some of its more advanced features to make room (budget- and hardware-wise), I don't see that as an advantage.

5. Games   -   #45
    Hey awhile back in the thread I saw some guy giving Nintendo kudos for Gamecube having "divx" support.

What was he talking about? Does GCN play divx movies?

Thanks for the info

6. Games   -   #46
    NOOO!!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #47
    I question Son'y Ability to make a processor that is this advanced when it has no experience in this field. Sony hyped up their "emotion chip" and that was a bit of a let down. also I prefer a GAMING console. I don't like how sony/microsoft tack on all these extras that just up the price.

I find it funny that everyone (almost) thinks intendo is out of the Race forever. With a new generation of consoles eeryone starts at zero. and in my opinion the GC was just a revovery move from the N64. Thats why they havent been to aggressive. you will see a change of attitude in Nintendo with the next wave of consoles.

and to whoever said that the PS3 will push Nintendo into the 3rd party state. I don't think so. Nintendo pulls in more profit than sony and microsoft combined in its games sales. and Nintendo has too much pride to make games for other companies. the day they stop making money is the day they stop making games period. Thats almost a direct quote from the president of Nintendo.

With Microsoft winning on the online front, and sony winning everywhere else it seems, Nintendo is the underdog except for in one area. Thats game deelopment. The only damn thing that matters on a console as far as I am concerned. Never count out the underdog, or you will be surprised.

also, I want to spout of a few facts and rumors about the GameCube's successor.

The graphics chips is being made by Ati, which is great as far as I am concerned. Also, the Gc2 is rumored to come out mid 2004 to get the drop on the other two. Iam not sure if this is a smart move or not, but only time will tell.

I just want to say that I am not a Gc fnaboy. I like the X-box and Ps2 very much and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. However, I just see everyone saying that Nintendo is out of the race and it angers me. Thats as stupid as saying Amd is out of the processor business.

8. Games   -   #48
    also, on the DivX thing.

Nintendo struck a deal with DivX. so now all FMV on GC games are in DivX format. Basically making them really small which is good because of the limited space on the Gc disk.

9. Games   -   #49
    Poster
    Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@11 July 2003 - 00:14
    What was he talking about?  Does GCN play divx movies?
    Well, from the sounds of DivX for GameCube, DivX compression isn't actually supported by the GC natively. It's a new SDK developed by Factor 5 and DivXNetworks for use by GC developers in their in-game cutscenes.

10. Games   -   #50
    Nintendo's best money makers are NOT in it's games for GC. Hell they are giving them away. It's a shame because they have some great games but not many (just a small number of good exclusives). GC's money makers have been the Gameboy and Pokemon (figure that). Otherwise yes we would see another Sega. I do believe they will make strong comeback but jeez... say what you want about a GAMING console, it's about marketing which translates to more sales.

Bottomline: No you don't include any and everything in a gaming console, (keyboard, mouse, etc.) but Sony and Microsoft were smart. If you are using a medium to store your games on why not allow the consumer to watch movies on that same medium. This wasn't a blunder for a Nintendonite because they would buy the GC anyway. But for the average gamer (or parent) searching for 'a best system' with limited income, GC was a horrible choice.

Nintendo must ask itself

1.Why was it in second behind the PS1?
    2.Why is it now in 3rd place behind a new gaming console?
    3.Why are retailers dropping it?
    4.Why are developers dropping it?

EASY ANSWERS
    1. Sony embraced CD. It had lower cost, better video quality, better music quality, and played consumer CD's
    N64 had cartridge. It ultimately cost the consumer more (about $10), had crappy video and music (sometimes trade shows had FMV of games not real gameplay showing to wow customers. How did N64 do that? They couldn't competitently)
    2. GC blunders again: It offers no DVD player (the hottest consumer electronic out there) and virtually nonexistant online and what they do have now reaaally sucks. People can say all they want about they don't want to watch DVD's on their console but guess what, those 'people are small in number'.
    3. and 4. LACK OF SALES BECAUSE OF 1 AND 2

I'll tell you this: GC 2 or whatever it's called coming in 2004 is a rip-off. At least Xbox gave me more to do something with (it would almost be a rip-off too; those consoles haven't been out that long). Nintendo will probably have great games (mostly 1st party) but.....didn't they always.....and are still in 3rd. So if they would use the 'important muscle' upstairs they'd learn from the butt-fucking that Sony gave them (remember that failed partnership they had).

Hey I love the GC games but ONLY reason I want Nintendo around now is like this:

The upper class make all the money and do the least work
    The middle class do most of work
    The poor are there...............to scare the hell out of the middle and upper class
    (Nintendo)

In other words some sort of competition is good all of us consumers (better pricing, technology, etc)

If Nintendo won't be competitive I wish Microsoft would swallow them up to make a better overall system (1st party titles) Now that would be something!!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast