Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need a .cue file to burn .flac files to a cd

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by hackforfun View Post
    I am having the same problem, i cant choose the .cue file to burn with nero 7
    Again, you don't need it. Get this plugin, and just burn.

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    In order to burn an exact copy of a cd from oink, you need to do allot of things. There are some tutorials in their forum about cd ripped that I just found.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    In order to burn an exact copy of a cd from oink, you need to do allot of things. There are some tutorials in their forum about cd ripped that I just found.
    No, no you don't.

I do it all the time. If you're still just talking about burning a cd, just get the proper plugin and burn it. That's all.

Third time I've said it now.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    No, no you don't.

I do it all the time. If you're still just talking about burning a cd, just get the proper plugin and burn it. That's all.

You are oversimplifying the process, and leaving out one crucial detail: All cd/dvd-burners have read and write offsets. So in order to burn an EXACT audio copy of an album, you need to find out those offsets (+/- n) and configure EAC appropriately. You cannot use Nero and burn an EAC of an album. Plus with EAC, you can create and compare logs so you know if you have actually burned an Exact copy.
    And after you configure EAC, which takes some time I admit, it's just as quick as Nero (for example), if not quicker (just press Alt+W and click and drag the cuesheet), to burn CDs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

No, no you don't.

You are oversimplifying the process, and leaving out one crucial detail: All cd/dvd-burners have read and write offsets. So in order to burn an EXACT audio copy of an album, you need to find out those offsets (+/- n) and configure EAC appropriately. You cannot use Nero and burn an EAC of an album. Plus with EAC, you can create and compare logs so you know if you have actually burned an Exact copy.
    And after you configure EAC, which takes some time I admit, it's just as quick as Nero (for example), if not quicker (just press Alt+W and click and drag the cuesheet), to burn CDs.
    So the actual sound quality can differ? Well the, I've learned something new today.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind creating a guide for the Guides and Tutorials section?

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I've submited one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12