Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Wipe Program?

Dariks boot and nuke disk is probably the best. It comes with eraser as Sparsely mentioned but you can also get it seperately from sourceforge.

Concurrent wiping of >1 drive is a pretty cool feature too.

The filesystem is irrelevant to this tool so it doesnt matter whether you run nix, win9x or NT/2k/XP etc.

I have tested it with Encase afterwards and it does the job. Hardware recovery might be a different story though.

Dont go anywhere near Evidence Eliminator. Those guys should get done under the trade descriptions act because if I can recover files after its done its 'work' anyone with the right software can.

They also spam like crazy and the reasoning behind their bullshit claims of defeating hardware recovery is that "no one can prove it doesnt work" which is utter bollocks cos I and many other people have proved it doesnt work and I'm not even a trained professional or anything.. arrgh I hate those guys.

Sorry rant over

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    The NSA standard is only 7 x's.
    Thats what they want you and foreign Gvts to think

Check out Gutmanns paper on this subject, he recommends a 35 pass wipe combining pseudorandom and fixed pattern wipes to defeat MFM (hardware recovery). That was back in 1995 so think of what they are capable of now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12