dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    The money... obviously.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Cash,joining a torrent site is for free and worth nothing

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    As one of my cousins used to say: Money Money Money
    Filesharing its good for being FREEE!!!!
    No point wasting money (okay maybe jst a bit of a donation maybe 50 Cent, wouldnt hurt ) But talking of real money u better spend those at buyin some Games or Apps jst to help the producer than giving them to some greedy bastard who's selling the acc

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    cash of course,it can be spent elsewhere

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    For most of you, this thread is a one sided viewed thread saying of course money. What you guy's don't realize is the thread starter just made up random figures, hes actually testing your abilities.

What i've seen from most of you here is that you lack the genuine community approach which trackers like FTN and FSC approach, and are driven by lust and greed.

Many people indeed would share the same anatomy afterall we are humans, but then again money aint everything.

Moral of my little speech, you guy's have proven yourself not worthy of being part of the community and i can know understand why many sysop of tight knit communities hesitate to open up invites.
    eee

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    Maybe they should start doing a money or sign-up admission test If it wasn't that much money (500$) I would rather prefer the tracker.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I'd choose the money of course.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post
    For most of you, this thread is a one sided viewed thread saying of course money. What you guy's don't realize is the thread starter just made up random figures, hes actually testing your abilities.

What i've seen from most of you here is that you lack the genuine community approach which trackers like FTN and FSC approach, and are driven by lust and greed.

Many people indeed would share the same anatomy afterall we are humans, but then again money aint everything.

Moral of my little speech, you guy's have proven yourself not worthy of being part of the community and i can know understand why many sysop of tight knit communities hesitate to open up invites.

With all due respect, that is complete BS. The choice of a site none of us are a part of or money, which of course is a hypothetical question, is absolutely NO measure of how community driven we would be.

IF he asked, "For a 1000 dollars, would you sell your FTN account?", or "Would you trade your FTN account if someone offered you a gigantic buffer on another site?", THEN that might show people's willingness to support a community.

Trying to accuse people of being selfish because they would choose money instead of something they:

A) Do not need
    B) Have not experienced
    C) Are getting along fine without

is complete crap.

You are saying that because people here, who most likely are not very wealthy as they are most likely young and most likely wouldnt be file sharing if they had a few million in the bank account, should be ashamed because they would find more usefulness in taking cash instead of some mythical torrent site which happens to get torrents 30 seconds before the sites they already have. I respectfully disagree 100%, and I think your entire contention is completely wrong.
    Last edited by muyoso; 09-12-2007 at 02:01 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post

[...]

I don't see it as such.

First of all, this own board's motto 'never pay for filesharing' is always in the back of my mind and I am very wary to compare money to rare and elite trackers.

Second, not everone desires rare trackers and that makes choosing something valuable easy when the choice is taken by excluding everything else.

Third and last, the only requirement to be worthy of membership in some communities/trackers is the willingness to play by the rules. It's for this very reason that many private sites are wary in letting new members join, the difference in opinions and priorities are a minor source of irritation.

You shouldn't worry about the users' convictions just yet because the way I see it, these fst-bittorrent-forums rather promote the biggest kind of problems, those private (elite) communities face.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yes yes you all win i accept defeat i take money.
    eee

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast