Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Darko

I have heard about 'Requiem for a Dream' but can any 1 tell me a little more about it

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    ‘requiem for a dream’ is the second feature film from director darren aronofsky, following his critically acclaimed debut, ‘pi’. a character-driven piece, requiem is essentially a look at how ambition can come to dominate an individuals life so completely that they become addicted to, and then obsessed by, whatever it is they desire with so much vehemence.

Basically it's about these 4 people, and involves drugs, and is severely weird at times. Check out www.requiemforadream.com - that site makes the donniedarko one seem normal!

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    "ass to ass" best quote from requiem for a dream

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I didn't understnad the ending, why did he die at the end? who saved him in the beginning? he shot frank who turns out to be the rabbit that donnie must obey becasue frank (rabbit) saved him from the airoplane engine? why didn't frank save him again?

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    I didn't understnad the ending, why did he die at the end? who saved him in the beginning? he shot frank who turns out to be the rabbit that donnie must obey becasue frank (rabbit) saved him from the airoplane engine? why didn't frank save him again?
    why revive a 2 year old thread?

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    this was about time and how it changes with one slightest diffrence. he knew he had to die, otherwise so many more would suffer and die. so he wakes up laughing cause he and only he knows what is about to happen.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    I see, taht's why all those people wake up when they're sleeping, because he affected all those people in defferent ways. and the only way to 'unaffect' them was to go back in time?

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    why revive a 2 year old thread?
    I saw the movie today and I didn't understand the movie, and I knew there would've been a thread on this at this forum.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    yeah the only way for history to continue it's rightful line he had to die. the movie just showed how screwed up life would be if he lived. he found out about time travel warp holes and stuff from that book, that wasnt supposed to be found and undid the present, which was his future. going back to the past his death set everything right. (a mindfuck i know) they had a site about it, i forget what it was, but was pretty fun, you had to figure out clues they gave you, and you got to listen to another snippet, about the guy talking about the planes engine and stuff.

edit: go to http://www.donniedarko.com/ and thats that game thing
    Last edited by ApacNTS; 01-05-2006 at 02:28 AM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    so, what's with the guy and the bunny costume? My sister said the bunny guy is the one who saved Donnie in the beginning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast