Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamecube Emulator Now In Production!

Originally posted by Xilo@6 July 2003 - 20:31
    There isn't enough proof this is an actual GC emulator that just plays demos or whatnot. Anyone with half a brain can make a pong game like that in Visual Basic.
    Dude, emulator creating won't work on commercial games just yet. They start out by testing demos and after the demos run fine they test the emulator with commercial games. I'd like to see you try to make a GCN emulator, and try to run commercial games on your first build of the emulator.

And I don't think this emulator would work. Wasn't it stated that the GCN disk spins the opposite direction? How can the emulator get the disk to spin the other way?

2. Games   -   #12
    No shit they have to start out with test games and crap before they can start testing it with commercial games. Whenever I program something, I usually start with small simple things to get the basic layout and functions. Then I add the more complicated or extra crap. I'm not stupid. Besides, all the info they gave was it was a beginning emulator with a screenshot of pong. Unless that is either a real GC demo or they release screenshots of it running the BIOS, I still say it could be just some VB Pong.

3. Games   -   #13
    slammy_dunken

I don't know if it is as easy as making your cd-rom motor spining in reverse but if it is i have no doubt someone could come up with a cd mod to make that happen.
    I have 3 spare cd players laying around i could mess with if any one think's that it's possible i'll try it.

About the pong thing, I remeber when the first Nintedno 64 Emulator came out it used the pong demo and look where it is now.
    Most N64 emulators are better than the n64 hardware.
    I think that pisses Nintendo off alot.

Stormy

4. Games   -   #14
    BritishICE's Avatar Poster
    It's clearly a fake. The Gamecube BIOS is built in such a way that it is virtually impossible to take it apart, let alone emulate the entire system. There have been so many claims on Gamecube Emulators and ripped Gamecube games that I thought people would have gotten used to it.

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    The emulation make possible everithing dont be so stupid saying it is goin to be impossibe people a years ago say the same shit about n64 and playstatin and now we got a lot of perfect emulators out there !!

And the pong they got dosent exist is a test the programers have incluied to tell the people that is goin to work ! yeah yeah the fucking bios ! there is not suck a problem 4 people who work in the gamecube project there is alwas somone who wanna get popular by telling the secrets of consoles ! always

Relax maybe a few years and we will have some better graphics in gamecube games Nvidia Rocks !

6. Games   -   #16
    It would be funny if there was a pong game like that out for gamecube

7. Games   -   #17
    BritishICE's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by silverccrow@7 July 2003 - 09:46
    The emulation make possible everithing dont be so stupid saying it is goin to be impossibe people a years ago say the same shit about n64 and playstatin and now we got a lot of perfect emulators out there !!

And the pong they got dosent exist is a test the programers have incluied to tell the people that is goin to work ! yeah yeah the fucking bios ! there is not suck a problem 4 people who work in the gamecube project there is alwas somone who wanna get popular by telling the secrets of consoles ! always

Relax maybe a few years and we will have some better graphics in gamecube games Nvidia Rocks !
    Clearly your use of grammar and spelling facilitates your knowledge of computer engineering.

8. Games   -   #18
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by silverccrow@7 July 2003 - 15:46

Not to be rude bro but...I didn't understand a damn word you just said...

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    how can we believe thats a screenshot of pong for gc on pc..

10. Games   -   #20
    Originally posted by silverccrow@7 July 2003 - 08:46

Translation:
    In my opinion, there's going to be a GCN emulator, so shut the fuck up about this shit that making a GCN emulator is impossible! Just wait a few years for one. And nVidia rocks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12