Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: urgent help needed, busted by Symantec

Some isp's fold and some don't. There are some that would rather cut your internet off just so you can't access the content then hand over your information.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdo2g View Post
    It depends if your ISP is a snitch...
    This statement I agree with, depends on your isp and how much they want "customers", I remember a few years back Verizon said It would not, went to court and actually Won?, but
    that may be just a fleeting occurance....and I don't know what their policies are now???
    But would'nt try it in a heartbeat with the like's of Cox or Comcast............
    Last edited by Roxanne; 09-22-2007 at 11:58 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Most won't fold, the reason why is cause it makes people question trust in relation to privacy. Once you can't be trusted your bound to lose customers and most people in business don't want that to happen. There can also be more do it then this. That situation that happened a few years back I believe AT&T is the only company that handed over the info no questions asked cause I remember they got sued because of it.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think your ISP provider is just trying to scare you. Just stop for a week and then try it again if you want to.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Whoa that sucks....

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Use Peerguardian it will most likely lower your chance of gettin caught again.

Jozza321

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    Probably just a cease and desist, don't do it again and you'll be fine.
    Googled C & D and learned something new today
    Thanx
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Yeah what squizzle said and if they bother you any more tell them a minor had access to your PC but you have now passworded it and he will no longer be able to access the internets from your PC.
    Now go away.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    zema's Avatar Serbian viking BT Rep: +4
    peerguardian to go! And deny it - send a letter back asking what are they talking about, and ask them if You were hacked and what can You do to be protected, and why Symantec software did not protect You. Call symantec and ask them why their software did not protect You, ask them/their stuff to look in the problem and to assist You in protecting Your computer or You would like to get money back, etc. Load them with rubbish, be boring, stupid, people working there are tired of people that call for support and after a while they will get rid of You. And that is perfect alibi. Always work!

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza321 View Post
    Use Peerguardian it will most likely lower your chance of gettin caught again.
    Please don't spread false information. It won't give you any protection what so ever.

Stop using public BitTorrent trackers. Stick to Private.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast