Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to limit Up speed while maintaining Down speed in utorrent?

hi
    im using utorrent for quite a while now and i still can't figure out how to limit the upload speed for certain torrents without limiting the download speed. whenever i limit the upload speed by right clicking the torrent, choosing bandwidth allocation and setting the upload speed to the desired value, my download speed seems to be directly affected by it...
    is there any way to limit the upload speed while maintaining download speed in utorrent?

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Bandwidth allocation won't matter as far as I know, kinda useless option for me
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    What I do is to set my global upload speed to a low amount in preferences --> connection and check the alternate upload rate when not downloading to 0 (for unlimited), this will basically limit your upload speed when downloading but raises the number when you are only seeding.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    seh's Avatar ______________ BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07381/123321.JPG
    Bandwidth allocation works perfect for me ( utorrent 1.6.1)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post
    What I do is to set my global upload speed to a low amount in preferences --> connection and check the alternate upload rate when not downloading to 0 (for unlimited), this will basically limit your upload speed when downloading but raises the number when you are only seeding.
    thats helpful, but what im trying to do is limit one torrent's upload speed (while it downloads) so another torrent could get the extra upload speed without compromising the down speed of the first torrent.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    right click the torrent and then properties. there you can manually enter the download and/or upload limit

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sina1260 View Post
    right click the torrent and then properties. there you can manually enter the download and/or upload limit
    Exactly........... and u will need to remember to edit back the settings to an appropriate amount when the file has finished downloading.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks it seems to work, but isnt it the same thing as right clicking on a torrent and choosing bandwidth allocation?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by shishio64 View Post
    Thanks it seems to work, but isnt it the same thing as right clicking on a torrent and choosing bandwidth allocation?
    first of all its easier, 2nd of all you can do it manually by entering any number you like

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yeah, but its the same concept...
    why should it give different results?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast