Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winmx What Do You Think

Yeah i havent used kazaa lite for a few weeks now,
    I used winmx a few times and it was just queues queues and more queues i find Bittorent and Shareaza the best for there error correcting abilities and because
    Shareaza connects to 3 networks G1(oringinal Gnutella network) with clients like limeware, G2( Gnutella 2) with Shareaza client and the edonkey network with clients like emule and edonkey 2000 and also as a bittorent client.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    if kazaa lite is sinking how do u explain the 4 million users still using the K-Lite network --- K-Lite is not dying -- only fools think that -- with the introduction of Bit Torrent Kazaa Lite has got much better u only have 2 check the verified section 2 see they have all the latest movies , music , games , software,

so if it's sinking how did i mage 2 get the Hulk , Charlies Angels 2 , T3, Championship mager 4 etc etc - it would b impossivle 2 get these files on WinMx

[/IMG]

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i peorsonally love winMx and you dont have to wait in a que if you trade, it may be leachers paradise with the huge amount of people who dont have any files to share that have been on line for 5 hours but thats why i use mxlinx
    from here The home of mxlinx
    MXlinx is a small multi-purpose tool for WinMX client.

Its features are divided into four main parts:
    Queue Watcher, which keeps leeches out of your queue, opens new slots when upload speed is not sufficient, starts your friends immediately
    SpeedUp, which finds new sources more frequently than WinMX does
    OpenNap Servers List Updater, which can update your OpenNap Servers List
    HASH Engime, which can start downloads in your WinMX client with one mouse click, generates HASH codes for your private files, and much more...
    And i have been using that for a while now. i have been using winmx 3.1 ever since it came out and iv only been using k-lite for about 6 months, and boath apps have there down sides.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by MetroStars@9 July 2003 - 12:45
    if kazaa lite is sinking how do u explain the 4 million users still using the K-Lite network --- K-Lite is not dying -- only fools think that -- with the introduction of Bit Torrent Kazaa Lite has got much better u only have 2 check the verified section 2 see they have all the latest movies , music , games , software,

so if it's sinking how did i mage 2 get the Hulk , Charlies Angels 2 , T3, Championship mager 4 etc etc - it would b impossivle 2 get these files on WinMx

[/IMG]
    To put it simply, I'd like to quote one of the most popular UK comedies in the last half-century.

Only fools & horses run

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I have never used winmx. Probably never will.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by stoi@8 July 2003 - 23:59
    as for winmx being crap, i have just started my server 3 days ago and already have 13 people sharing 700gig of quality files, eg full albums, latest movies, latest games console and PC, and all of these are cdimages

in total i have 4 servers i connect to, sharing 115,000 files and 12,903gig, not bad for  3 days work if you ask me
    Is that supposed to be alot?, I mean K-lite does not have the most, but that is not very much at all. I mean there is diffrent styles of P2P, K-lite is the best of this style. If you want to use win MX in a private hub style systems, how can you compare your pathetic 700 gigs, with the 40 TB on a direct connect hub.

I kinda stopped reading this thread after you posted this cuz it pissed me off, so I am sure someone else said this but..
    We are not gonna shed a tear for losing you.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you must of never heard of quality not quantity, in 3 days i have been able to download 6 PS2 games i could not find anywhere else, and that includes newsgroups and IRC.

I never said it was the best program out there, in a years time though when i do have 500 on "My own Server" sharing on average 50 gig each and then being connected to 50 other servers with the same ratio, then thats a lot of gig to go around so i might very well change my mind then. At the moment it has a lot of potential (a lot more than ES5 and Shareaza IMO).

ok Kazaa is fast, but when i used it it still wasnt as fast as Bittorrent, IRC or Newsgroups, so it hasnt even got that in its favour.

stoi

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Okay so how do I go about getting "invited to join a private server". I haven't tried it yet,but the argument has got me wondering. I just don't want to waste my time if I'm never gonna be able to find anything.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    winMX, 1 word, SHIT.

Sory this is a load of shit, you have to que for stuff.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Well, if I want Mp3's of high quality bitrate; WinMx has it. Although I must admit that qeueing is terrible over there. As soon as I'm online, all my slots (5 due to my bandwidth) are full with uploaders, but I'm qeued everywhere.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast