Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to join r files?

Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    The internets provides this

480 Error
    A 480 error means that we could not identify your username based on theIP address assigned by the Network Access Server you're dialing. This couldbe temporary, or a change in the NAS that means you'll have to configure your news client to login.
    Oh ok. Do i get a user name and password from my ISP or could i configure one myself and how do i configure one?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    I'm just guessing here but is it possible you haven't put in a required password when you set up Grabit.
    Yes that is right. I only put in my news server.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    That would be from your ISP, if you need them. Remember I'm only guessing here.

Also check what port you are using. Use port 119 if you haven't already done so.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Got to go mate Hibs v Celtic live on Satan TV.

Hope you get this sorted. I'll pop back later.

5. Lounge   -   #25

Also check what port you are using. Use port 119 if you haven't already done so.
    I can't get that from my ISP. How can i set one up myself? I have my email password but i don't think that will work? How do i use port 119?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post

I can't get that from my ISP. How can i set one up myself? I have my email password but i don't think that will work? How do i use port 119?
    Game not started yet.

If you have email with the same ISP try that name and password. It's probably the one you want (bearing in mind outlook etc can also be used as news reader.)

Go to Grabit settings and it will ask you what port to use, just make sure it has 119 in that box.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post

Game not started yet.

If you have email with the same ISP try that name and password. It's probably the one you want (bearing in mind outlook etc can also be used as news reader.)

Go to Grabit settings and it will ask you what port to use, just make sure it has 119 in that box.
    I didn't see anything with the ports. I seen edit then preferences but nothing with ports. That was the only settings i seen. How do i try to sign in? Why is there a limit on my news groups?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles View Post

The grabit version i have does this automatically
    Not sure what you mean by that.
    You just end up with the finished item instead of the rar's and par's

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Here is the exact error message.

Error while selecting group: 480 authentication error.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Port 119 is the default port. It's under prefernces>grabit search.

I never used a password or user name but that might be because i don't use usenet as jp said. I'm on NTL broadband and seem to get all the things i need of thier servers. You could just trying to re-install grabit using reality's guide.

As for the you reached you limit thing, i think in grabit you can only search a limited amount of times a day without there being a small fee for unlimited searches. Just use binsearch for all your needs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast