Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The State Of Rock Music

sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    It is so sad how people ditch bands cause they are so called *mainstream*

I wish those people would just crawl back into their underground holes never to see the light of day...
    Souls for sale, to the highest bidder!
    To break through these days, a compromise must take place.
    The music must be made "accessible" to to more people...so now, instead of making
    the music that you like to make, you're crafting your work to target an audience, Miller Lite
    has their ads all over your concerts, etc. even though they've never paid the artist a dime....
    anyway, there's nothing inherently wrong with being popular or going mainstream.
    If I was a recording artist, I would be difficult to resist, especially since, for them, it's
    what puts food on the table. But hell, some of the most talented bands going won't have
    a song any Top40 radio station. Because mainstream music is, in retrospect, like fads.
    It was cool then, cause everyone was doing it, but when you look back it's like "What the
    fuck was I thinking?".

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

2. Music   -   #32
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    People are so desperate to be underground, that underground becomes mainstream.......

Listen, because im going to say something that i have learnt on my few happy years on this earth:

Listen to what you want. Who the fuck cares if it happens to be something someone else enjoys. The people that laugh at your music choices are the ones that are insecure, and chances are, they secretly like it too. Eveeryone is entitled to their opinion, yet making someone feel bad because they enjoy something labeled as "mainstream" by people who consider themselves hardcore underground "anti-popularity" is just out of order to the extreme. I dont like bands like S club 7 or Steps, but if a million kids go out and buy their records, who am I to say their wrong?

there now

3. Music   -   #33
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    /me thinks some people are still sore about nSync breakin up.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Music   -   #34
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    What if people laugh at your music choices because they are truly laughable?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Music   -   #35
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    /me thinks we should all grow up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234