Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What tracker invites can one giveaway without getting banned

oink

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by notsmurf View Post
    oink
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    This is what concerns me too.

Basically, what I'm interested in is whether trackers level 3 and above, especially high-level trackers, have a rule of giving invites only to people you know in person and whether admins of those trackers compare IP ranges of the inviter and the invitee whenever a new invite has been used?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Basically, is it possible to accept an invitation to FTWR or AOM from someone across the world without both of you getting banned from the tracker without its admins going to any bigger effort than simply comparing your IP ranges?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Fiamma's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I can speak only for my own tracker. We suggest you give invites to people you know. We hold all inviters responsbile for their invitees. Invitee cheats the invitee and his tree is gone. Several invitees cheat the whole tree goes from inviter down.

We also ban account trading in our FAQ. We will see it and we will take action. I will not comment on methods used for detection.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Effer View Post
    This is what concerns me too.

Basically, what I'm interested in is whether trackers level 3 and above, especially high-level trackers, have a rule of giving invites only to people you know in person and whether admins of those trackers compare IP ranges of the inviter and the invitee whenever a new invite has been used?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Basically, is it possible to accept an invitation to FTWR or AOM from someone across the world without both of you getting banned from the tracker without its admins going to any bigger effort than simply comparing your IP ranges?
    i don't think they compare ips of inviter and invitee. but i know a case where somebody got banned from bitmetv. he was a canadian and had a longer business trip to europe. he logged in with a european ip from his notebook and got banned for account trading.
    he donated 30$ just days before he got banned.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It used to be possible to take a long trip without being suspected.
    It used to be possible to run a site and not have to log every single thing about users.

Traders bought it all on themselves and others, and want to put the blame on the trackers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    It used to be possible to take a long trip without being suspected.
    and it used to be possible to explain this to mods

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You still can, but you should do it before your trip

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    You still can, but you should do it before your trip
    mmmh, that was easy

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    To answer the original poster. You can give away invites for just about any tracker. You have to make sure that the name here does not match the one on the tracker otherwise you could be called a trader for giving out invites.

Now the important thing is who you invite. I lost my BitmeTV account because I gave away 7 invites here and I tried to choose people very careful and 4 of them cheated. So it's very hard to find legit people. So if you really care about your accounts try to invite close friends or people you really know well only.

The shitty thing for me is that I never got 1 single warning. They found out someone cheated then they checked the whole tree and found out 3 more had cheated and my account was disabled without any warning. I actually was chocked since I'm very careful with people I invite but you can never be too careful.
    Last edited by saulin; 10-04-2007 at 06:58 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast