Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trackers that don't allow open uploading...your thoughts??

i have to stick with polarbear...if you find a good private tracker that carries mostly niche content ( cinemageddon, myspleen etc. ) you will will most likely find a good community behind it. also, you finally have a place to hang out with fellow geeks

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    There are many ways how both rules can work and it all depends on the tracker, the preferred content and more than anything on the present uploaders. Quite a few trackers have their own seedboxes they finance through donations, other uploaders bring their own boxes with them. And some of those boxes work scripted, that's how pre-times of only a few minutes are possible.

I'll take two trackers as an example. First there's SCC which has constantly great pre-times (not always the best and nobody's disputing that) and was for the longest time easy to get into because of their open signups. They may have some problems with their boxes currently but while everything was working, no uploads from users were needed because they are a complete scene-0day-tracker. Example two is BitSoup, a rather large tracker with 100k members which is hardly ever mentioned on these forums. They allow uploading for power users and it shows, because there are quite a few torrents that are no scene releases. Back in the day they also had a good request section which only richened the content.

As you can see: trackers are able to function both ways, they only have to make it work. Pretty much all trackers who allow no user uploads have some application form - and if you have an above average internet connection and either fast access or access to rare stuff, then your chances are good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    There are many ways how both rules can work and it all depends on the tracker, the preferred content and more than anything on the present uploaders. Quite a few trackers have their own seedboxes they finance through donations, other uploaders bring their own boxes with them. And some of those boxes work scripted, that's how pre-times of only a few minutes are possible.

I'll take two trackers as an example. First there's SCC which has constantly great pre-times (not always the best and nobody's disputing that) and was for the longest time easy to get into because of their open signups. They may have some problems with their boxes currently but while everything was working, no uploads from users were needed because they are a complete scene-0day-tracker. Example two is BitSoup, a rather large tracker with 100k members which is hardly ever mentioned on these forums. They allow uploading for power users and it shows, because there are quite a few torrents that are no scene releases. Back in the day they also had a good request section which only richened the content.

As you can see: trackers are able to function both ways, they only have to make it work. Pretty much all trackers who allow no user uploads have some application form - and if you have an above average internet connection and either fast access or access to rare stuff, then your chances are good.
    i was going to mention bitsoup...i love the variety of stuff i find on there everyday and also around 90 new uploads a day too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12