Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking system?

Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    so what you think of create a different WIAW by content and another think like that for you request a ftn invite from comunity you need 6months 1000 usefull posts and not spam and good menber atitude

ad for others trackers too, so the bt invite section will be more clean
    Last edited by vizouk; 09-30-2007 at 06:15 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If only FST would ever listen to something like this, *sigh*, alas they never do, so we are left with the current mess as it is.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    vazouk .. that should definitely be the case and criteria even if that means I ll have to wait 4 more months before asking for FTN
    I only use WIAW to see the reviews

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor
    If only FST would ever listen to something like this, *sigh*, alas they never do, so we are left with the current mess as it is.
    You can always create a thread about it and see where it goes.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The WIAW thread was originally conceived to be an indication of how hard it is to acquire an invite to each listed tracker.

In that sense it has done a good job.

Unfortunately, members seem to look at it as a definitive guide to how good a tracker is even though there is a disclaimer in the first post explaining it.

Perhaps the reviews have led a lot of members to think of the thread in the way they seem to do. Perhaps it's just that many members can't make up their own minds as to a tracker's worth.

Whatever the cause of the problem, we don't have enough staff to compile and maintain a second thread with only slightly different intent.
    You're welcome to try and compile one yourselves, though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    If you'll sticky it or make an effort to keep it at the top of the stack, then maybe.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    We did try, the staff here let it die, we keep on trying different things here, again the staff just ignore it, such as the overwhelming majority of posters here not agreeing or liking account trading - again ignored, eventually we get the message - you like the status quo of the WAIW thread and the incessant trading that follows that thread like a bad smell and this creates the busy nature of these forums that follow it like a bible.

Why not just have a Tracker Review Thread, based on alphabetical naming of the trackers (such as the Tracker Staff thread) with both ratings side-by-side, content (which can be used to offer similar items rather than the one a poster was looking for) and rarity rating (the chances of getting such a tracker don't come easy and you may have to wait your turn).

There are other options of course, but a good discussion involving FST staff, tracker staff and posters who know what they are talking about might help to change the current atmosphere surrounding this forum and /that/ thread!

Just my opening twopence worth of course.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    We did try, the staff here let it die...
    Sorry Sarge but I stopped reading right there.
    Of course it's FST Staff's duty to keep a close watch on all threads despite the amount of shit that gets posted both in here and the Report Section. </sarcasm>

I spend my whole fucking evening 5 days a week removing shit from the BT sections, responding to reports & tracking possible dupe accounts and you lot gotta bitch that we let a thread die? Yeah, of course we all met on MSN and watched it wither away down the page...
    FFS if the thread was that popular it would still be at the top of the pile.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It was tried and the idea was popular too, based on a poll. however wasnt stickied.

I agree with what SgtMajor said here. and from what I see, it is not going to happen.

@ Chewie : the only thing needed to be done was to stickie it.. It would then get better as more people would take notice. As far as I remember , it was on the top of that pile for sufficiently enough time ....... as is this thread going to die too
    Last edited by p1r4t3; 09-30-2007 at 09:16 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    We did try, the staff here let it die...
    Sorry Sarge but I stopped reading right there.
    Of course it's FST Staff's duty to keep a close watch on all threads despite the amount of shit that gets posted both in here and the Report Section. </sarcasm>

I spend my whole fucking evening 5 days a week removing shit from the BT sections, responding to reports & tracking possible dupe accounts and you lot gotta bitch that we let a thread die? Yeah, of course we all met on MSN and watched it wither away down the page...
    FFS if the thread was that popular it would still be at the top of the pile.
    And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return. Do you not think with a more responsible way of looking at things, you and the staff would actually have less work to do?. It isn't rocket science, but it will take a little of extra effort to start with to get the ball moving, ultimately leading to a more respected & respectable forum in the long run, producing less scams & scammers to have to deal with.

And it isn't just about letting a thread die - it's about just totally ignoring the ideas and suggestions that get put forward in favour of some shitty rarity thread kept alive by traders wanting trackers to go up or down depending if they have it or not.

How about a reasonable debate that needs to happen then?

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast