Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Absurd And Unbelievable

I think some swedes should move too the US and start a ISP. ^^

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I don't know that you can find an ISP in the states that tolerates 800GB /mo of bandwidth.
    Mine does, but I pay an extra 10 € for a flatrate-upgrade. Judging by what I've read in some forums about my ISP, even 1TB+ is possible without hearing from them or getting bandwidth-cuts. Then again, broadband access in my country is likely to be one of the most expensive ones compared to the rest of Europe and a comfort like that should be included.

After many years of very limited traffic (8-25gb/mo) it's good to finally have some unlimited access I don't have to worry about.

edit: I haven't read with both eyes open obviously as I'm not living in the United States, sorry

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! and also see the phone number. A friend go this email!!! WHOA!

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized
    agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made
    on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright
    owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with yo ur
    Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works
    identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast
    reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner
    that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of
    Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination
    of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast
    in writing by sending a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Legal Response Center
    Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
    650 Centerton Road
    Moorestown, NJ 08057 U.S.A.
    Phone: (856) 317-7272
    Fax: (856) 317-7319
    E-mail: [email protected]

Guys - Tell me such things dont happen with DSL (we have ATT DSL supplying our area)....they are getting wicked!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    It can happen with any service.

Comcast has been guilty of terminating peoples internet for using up too much bandwidth. Verizon has also done the same, the kicker with Verizon is they charge you a termination fee.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Fuck Comcast. That's why I steal internet service from them. Unfortunately, you won't get anywhere near the speeds on ATT DSL that you get with Comcast.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    the problem att dsl is that the further u are from one of there hubs the slower speeds u get. ive had both and dsl is worst then comcast.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Member BT Rep: +1
    It's not hard to believe. If the second warning was given, the service will be terminated, and no one can get it back -- it has happed to many ppl. So unless a class lawsuit is filed or a backup DSL is working, i wouldn't bet my chance on breaking that 200GB mark.
    Never say "great giveaway", you may get an infraction.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I had to get up extra early this morning to wait for the Qwest DSL guy to come and install our new internet service.

... I'm still waiting. >.<

I'm having bad torrent withdrawals.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Wow, thank God we don't have to worry about such problems here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    ilya's Avatar Proud Israeli BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    My ISP (Bezeq) has no limits for monthly up\down... unfortunately we have awful speeds our best deal is 5mb down and 512kb up....

that sucks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast