Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: donate and you shall receive

dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Honestly, how did you think this thread was going to turn out?
    you're right. i'm outta here. sorry for bringing this up.
    i told you how it will be with this thread. You are new here , but i hope you learned you can't have an inteligent discution here, too many kids with hormones gone wild which need to prove how smart they are.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    So Polarbear your saying if I donate to United Way and they give me a t-shirt i am really just buying a shirt from them and not donating....wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    what do you expect from an apple fan?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    antagonism of the day
    I would think the antagonism of the day wouldn't be my statement with half of my words (including my reasoning) omitted. If what I said was really that opposing why did you take the two sentences out of context...?

& Really, I hope no one loses sleep at night because someone gets some upload credit for giving money to help a site survive. I've seen some crazy things but if torrents effect your life this much... I have nothing more to say than this situation is pretty sad and I hope you can find a new hobby or at least something meaningful to feel so strongly about.

But if you just can't give it up.. instead of posting in this forum, which is just going to create chaos, you should personally boycott all the sites that are "P2L"...

That'll show 'em..

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have a great list of trackers that don't force p2l with crazy fast seedboxes so nobody can seedback enough so they have to pay. This is the new trap out there from Greedy tracker owners. There are many great trackers out there that you can seedback and be known as a valued member. They all make their monthly costs from people who don't want to seedback and would rather "donate", but at least they have the choice, and from happy users who can afford to support their favorite trackers.

If you want a list of some great trackers PM me.
    Bit torrent communities were built to share.

rarity is for posers. Content and ease of use is the key to any good relationship.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    I have a great list of trackers that don't force p2l with crazy fast seedboxes so nobody can seedback enough so they have to pay. This is the new trap out there from Greedy tracker owners. There are many great trackers out there that you can seedback and be known as a valued member. They all make their monthly costs from people who don't want to seedback and would rather "donate", but at least they have the choice, and from happy users who can afford to support their favorite trackers.

If you want a list of some great trackers PM me.
    Bit torrent communities were built to share.

rarity is for posers. Content and ease of use is the key to any good relationship.

HAHA You have no clue.

You think tracker owners and tracker staff get uploaders to help screw your ratio? if so then your nutts. We get them so people like you can get your files as fast as you can download them, many people are all about the speed. We can not control what members have like seed box and or fast home lines.

So before you open your pie hole you should get and know all the facts before ever posting, and or maybe start your own tracker and show everyone they are wrong.

Wild

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Besides if people had to spend their money because they HAD TO buy upload credit on sites, why wouldn't they just take that money and invest in a seedbox or a faster internet connection?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5

this is honest

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    It is a donation. You're not paying for gigs/invites any more than people who attend political fundraising events are paying $500 for a plate of food.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thought I would chime in and give my thoughts and possibly a few facts on this topic. I'll try to make this as clean as possible as I have no intention to bash any site or anything of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    I dont think you get it.

Sites do this because with out donations the site and or sites will start to fold. The said thing in all this is if you dont offer much besides that Donor star then you dont get many people that donate. Users are all what can you do for me if i donate. I guess the fact that we take all the risk is and give them a place to meet and access many things they want is not enough.

So get off your high horse... NO MONEY MEANS NO SITES

Wild
    Before I reply to this, just wanna say I <3 u wild.
    With that being said, having gone to college for a business degree and such I have a keen insight on financial knowledge and the like. My view on what you said is simple. Donations are there to "help" run the site, not to fund it. If you cannot fund the server on your own then you're going to be walking on thin ice every month hoping your users/clients are kind enough to continue giving/supporting you to the full extent. Most of these sites that follow the "please give us money so we can stay up" route are taking a huge risk and personally I would never invest in such a place because it's a gamble. If you can't afford to run YOUR site with YOUR money, you're nothing but a begger hoping to get enough money off the street to support your day. Please keep in mind this is just my opinion, others will no doubt see it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    i thought they called it donations because site like this could get in trouble if they were given money for anything other than a "donation". we all know they're selling UL credit or vip or something for the money but im pretty sure its much safer legally to just call it all a "donation".
    You nailed it right on the money regarding why most sites call it a donation. However, in a legal aspect, it's just false security. You could call it a WinkyDink for all the legal system cares. It's still a transaction, the name isn't important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    So Polarbear your saying if I donate to United Way and they give me a t-shirt i am really just buying a shirt from them and not donating....wrong.
    Actually yes. It's no different than say for example, buying a painting at an auction and all proceeds go to charity. You still purchased the shirt, however the money is then donated. In p2l site situations, they're just donating the money to themselves. Main difference between the two, purchasing a shirt from United Way that you'll probably never wear is gong to a good cause, donating to steal copyright material from corporations isn't.

On a side note. I notice some sites have massive user agreements that resemble legal agreements. Don't make yourselves look silly. A lot more goes into a legal agreement than just pasting some words onto a web page. If you really think that's going to save you from anything you're sadly wrong. For example, I couldn't just put "you agree to send me $5,000 by joining this site" and expect to be able to take it to court and win.
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-09-2007 at 02:18 AM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast