Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: DVD-R's Trackers .

Poster BT Rep: +2
    Do you think we should add DVD ranking ?
    (not like the normal tracker ranking , but a rating for each tracker)

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    anekoik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by T_w View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anekoik View Post

Sorry, english is not a langage iI use everyday,
    so it's difficult for me sometime to explain things,

in fact i didn't think to make list of subtitle avilable,
    I know it's impossible

my idea, was more simple,
    imagine you have a tracker, the spoken langage is english,
    but you can find many dvds of french movies,
    if you guess there's always an original version in dvd,
    that it adds the french to the available langage,
    i know it's not an information easy to obtain,
    but i should concerns trackers with independant movies or classics foreign movies content, for example

No problem , if you want to write in french it's ok
    But I'll have some problems with writing you back cause I'm not writing too much , only speaking

For the topic -
    You mean if the tracker is american , and I can find french movies over there , should I write it down ?

I think 90% of the DVD-R's are Originals (not talking about TS\TC\Transcoding) .
    Costum subtitles are not really matter because it's usually with original\selectable audio .

Correct me if I'm wrong again
    Thaks ..
    yes, you understood right,thanks, i guess i must go on writing in english for other users (maybe i'll use both english and french if i had problemes explaining something)

I guess, the most problematic aspect is to know if trackers have foreign movies collections,
    i have no examples in mind , most trackers have recent american movies from hollywood, there few exceptions,
    there, I need help

I thought about other criterias, genre,period release (recent, classic), rarety

examples : thor (few movies from eighties, quite unusual)
    demonoid (very rare stuff sometimes, like theshigahara movies)

maybe the list will be a bit too complicated
    pick one if you think it 's really interesting

yes rating should be interesting, but it may be based on list of criterias, you can give a note for each, then add them, to obtain a global rating
    Last edited by anekoik; 10-10-2007 at 10:59 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    anekoik, the idea is good in principle and I'd support any effort to be done in that direction. It doesn't work so easily though, because in order to create such a list you'll first need to carefully index thousands of torrents on many trackers. To do that right, you need a vast knowledge of movie genres and what's more important a lot of time to do research.

I think that this list is okay as it is; if available, there is some information for international users so they can choose their preferred type/language and concentrate on a tracker or two.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Oh yes you're right, maybe i make things too complicated,

but it's quite simple, if you're a member of dvdr-tracker, to notice specific aspects if
    there are some, without knowing all the collection in detail.

Adding few words after tracker name should be quite easy to do,
    it may be considered as an optional element depending of the informations we have.

example : demonoid (few files are extremely rare)
    Last edited by anekoik; 10-11-2007 at 12:04 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Ok I got your point , but it's a complicated with other trackers ...
    Lets say with TTI what can you say ? There are some swedish movies , but not a lot , most of the movies are normal , I guess...We have here 20 trackers , so I think it would be too hard to complete . If you can do it easly I would let you write it , but I think that for me it's a lot of work , and more than that - I don't have all the trackers on the list

P.S - Your english is good , but the idea was a little bit hard to get ..Don't worry

Edit - I forgot to talk about the ratings -
    So , If we don't care about tracker rarity for this topic , I think we should decide the rating with those aspects - Speeds , quantity of DVD-R's , the popularity of the content (If it's a tracker with only Bulgarian movies with Bulgarian audio and subtitles it will be less interesting than an international tracker with well known and good movies.) I think we should find a few more to select the correct rating...
    Last edited by T_w; 10-11-2007 at 08:25 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by T_w View Post
    Ok I got your point , but it's a complicated with other trackers ...
    Lets say with TTI what can you say ? There are some swedish movies , but not a lot , most of the movies are normal , I guess...We have here 20 trackers , so I think it would be too hard to complete . If you can do it easly I would let you write it , but I think that for me it's a lot of work , and more than that - I don't have all the trackers on the list

P.S - Your english is good , but the idea was a little bit hard to get ..Don't worry

Edit - I forgot to talk about the ratings -
    So , If we don't care about tracker rarity for this topic , I think we should decide the rating with those aspects - Speeds , quantity of DVD-R's , the popularity of the content (If it's a tracker with only Bulgarian movies with Bulgarian audio and subtitles it will be less interesting than an international tracker with well known and good movies.) I think we should find a few more to select the correct rating...
    It's clear as i noticed before, that the main difficulty is to have point of view from members,
    so we're limited to trackers we really know well, then we need other FST member help,
    I proposed it because most of trackers description doesn't includes informations about content.
    Often people use the terms scene or non scene, wich are not so explicit, or talk about the media or the encoding,
    So, when you get an invitation, you should have good or bad surprises,
    thing , we should avoid for other FST members,
    that's the reason why I proposed only it as an optional element, we could add what we know, and leave the others

I'm right with your choice fot the ratings, speed, popularity (if there are very recent movies, may be also interesting to evaluate this, and if you can find them, first in this trackers, the, the scene aspect ),quantity,
    rarity is unfortunatly difficult to evaluate (in fact fst rating using this criteria are in general too far from reality), should it be based on presence of older movies, foreign ones, rare directors, what is the proportion of rare files ?
    another aspect maybe important, the quality, some trackers have a majority of dvdscreener, and not real dvd, or dvdscreener with Ts audio, the diffrence between something you want to keep and something that will go to the trash after seeing it .

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    I still don't know if we'll do it ...It's hard work with lots of peoples (we don't have all trackers)

But rating should be a little bit easier don't you think ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Yes, we need a complete list of trackers first,
    i saw my different accounts, but more than 1000 DVDs trackers are not numerous

after that it always possible to create a topic for each tracker, if want more informations

example : need details about pisexi content

to complete the list we should also create a new topic : more than 1000 DVDs tracker?

let's ask for help to fst comunity

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Well , I'm not sure they mods would like 10 different posts in this forum

I can find maybe a half of the list by myself ...Even this would be a little complicated ..but with enough help it would work...

And , maybe there are a few more with more than 1,000 DVD-R's , what do I know ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    to avoid this problem,
    it's possible to create a unique new topic (more explicit because most of the members look only the title), then we'll ask for details after.
    here's my proposition :
    title : trackers with more than 1000 DVD-R ?
    then inside we could explain that we try to make a list for the benefit of the comunity
    what's your point of view ?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast