Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black XP dvd 4.0

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Malware ? Mabye only the misinformed would call a key generator malware , do you have a site or example ? I did n't have a problem installing on three machines .

We all know Symantec gives false positives but clean install or are they trying to burn the ISO , then trying to install a few programs from the Install folder and using the provided key gen . ? Malware for christ sake its probably a part of the windows files . Anyone remember Alexia ?

Nope no Dell sound drivers as I tried but not a surprise there as thats the problem with proprietary systems .
    cant u just use your dell driver cd? or the driver wizard software from the site? is it realtek?
    It was a friends computer and friends never seem to keep the important stuff .

@DEFX , Oh I know what you mean but its free and if you follow good computer safety practices you should be fine . I just meant Key gen's a lot of the time are false positives .

I'm an old warez player and know all about Trojans , you know you use that key at your own risk . Its funny how if you try to install an old back up program and your newly updated virus program blocks it ... Your thinking you basterds I thought it was safe .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    got milk BT Rep: +2
    can someone comment on the performance of this version?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbombastic View Post
    can someone comment on the performance of this version?
    I thought I just did ? It has lots of eye candy and a few tweaks like Service Tuner , Boot Menu , most programs you like or would use . All Windows Service packs till Oct 07. ?

Not for everyone but even the noobs can find a use for it . Best to do a clean install but can insert the dvd and browse to programs to try .

Just wish future version would not include KAS or KIS as its pointless with the black keys and all . The Trojans are a moot point as all gamermans versions have them , as their key generators . Rule of thumb is disconnect from the net ( unplug the cable ) do a clean install , setup the security of your choice . Plug in cable , then update your programs like Anti virus , Firewall, Antispy and Windows Update . Good Bye Trojan !

There are a few included on the DVD , 5 or 6 good ones like Norton . KIS , AVG, ZA , Nod32 or Macfee. Just be careful with the service tweaks as they can cause you trouble .

Just to clear it up , I'm using the new Black XP 4.1 Golden Master Release (16 OCT 07) . I can't find the Trojan info but will keep trying .

I love the name tho , sounds like a bad Kung Fu movie . Golden Black Master ...... I give you five fingers you feel death . Hey its my thread .........
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-25-2007 at 04:24 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Peat when are you going Linux? If ever?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Peat when are you going Linux? If ever?

Well my friend do they have neat boot screens ? I have a little computer sitting beside me crying Suse .

Hey buddie you get lazy after awhile , you know like do I have to make bootdisks to play a game , or kill myself trying to load drivers Or I get it search around for programs I "Might like " ?

I tease tho ,that use to be fun in the old DOS days . Quick someone grab me a rubber coat .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    nice

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    shop fashion ! hot

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Version 4.1 was released
    If you are using Usenet, it's up on the groups; alt.binaries.cd.image, alt.binaries.dvd, alt.binaries.dvds

It's listed as Black.XP.DVD.v4.10.Golden.Edition (9 days old).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123