Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rts2

BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

Plus if i remember right the owner was caught selling invites on ebay. See if i can dig it up.

Wild
    who ? Frozen or Mota

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    krisil's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    they have to be a bit liberal from start as far as signups are concerned , sure a few bad members can get in , but being too cautious in this regard will spell trouble as a site needs at least about 5000 active members . this will mean good , vibrant forums and traffic on the torrents . if they again try to make it too much 'exclusive ' from start then i fear there is a bumpy ride ahead . also they should think about getting in active members from RTS1 directly.....

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post

Plus if i remember right the owner was caught selling invites on ebay. See if i can dig it up.

Wild
    who ? Frozen or Mota
    the owner of RTS1 was mota , as i was there . not sure about RTS2 though...... however i am shocked to read this......

any proof wildbytes??
    Last edited by krisil; 10-11-2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i am pretty sure it was mota that was selling invites on ebay to pay server bills and what not.

Wild

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    i am pretty sure it was mota that was selling invites on ebay to pay server bills and what not.

Wild
    It was mota.

Your asking for proof?
    I could show enough proof to confirm this as not being a rumour.
    However we have a rule amongst friends... (Fellow torrenters)
    That we do not reveal the information to the general public.
    Perhaps if the people who spotted this want it revealed they will chose to do so.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 10-11-2007 at 07:39 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Wild
    It was mota.

Your asking for proof?
    If your looking for specific information about this perhaps you could ask 1 of the staff from the torrent site that has rules that you have to use "Cute Cudly avatars".

(Should give you a general idea of who to ask.)
    Its really up to them if they want to provide any information or not.
    hmm.... i think you are certainly one to be trusted . what can be said about it.......asking for donations is fully justifiable , but selling of invites and that too by the owner......
    i dont think much needs to be said about it , RTS has lost respect with this.....

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Wild
    It was mota.

Your asking for proof?
    Perhaps if the people who spotted this want it revealed they will chose to do so.
    k'nell
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    well should be pointed out that it was mota i beleave, and i am not even sure he is on the new rts2.

I just see it as if they dont change there ways and learn from the first time it will fail again.

Wild

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Well, v2 has different staff, so we can just forget about that whole invite selling thing.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

I just see it as if they dont change there ways and learn from the first time it will fail again.

Wild
    certainly , we will soon know whether they have learnt something or not....

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    well should be pointed out that it was mota i beleave, and i am not even sure he is on the new rts2.

Wild
    From what Ive been told through the grapevine...
    RTS2 doesnt have most of the same staff members.
    I beleive someone (one of the former staff) told me they had a new owner. As well as this former staff member who talked to me told me he was no longer going to be staff as well.

(Cannot back the above im pretty sure thats what this person said though. It was over a month ago when we talked about it.)

So either case... these facts about mota shouldnt change your views about RTS2. Since I dont think he is even staff there any longer.

(I have already been checking out some of their site and can at least tell you they learned from the past about storing passwords in plaintext. AKA THEY ARE ENCRYPTED. But they ended up switching to encrypted even on v1 after it was reported they were not encrypted.)

As far as the design.. it looks alot better than v1. But I still dont really see what the big fuss was all about when people say its the best looking site theyve ever seen.

I mean FTN for example In my opinion looks much better. But I guess thats just my opinion?
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 10-11-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast