Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Request - big surprise - FTN

fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    @dashboardy.. Just put yourself in the inviters shoes.
    Would you invite someone with 8 posts, 2 in this thread itself, with no reps
    You have to be active and build trust and share with the community
    I did something like this when I was new here and I got kicked from all directions
    Just work your way and be active and you will hopefully get what you want

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post
    ya I know, they're annoying, but hey this is the bittorrents invite section

by the way, just curious what the requirements are for the users on FTN to get invites... I have heard that only site staff have invites - is this true?
    They are only annoying when you get them posted by posters without a good history to check back on, I mean what stranger is going to take a chance on using their invite on you, what makes you stand out from the crowd, what have you done for other members here over those who have been here 6 months or a year and are still looking for FTN?

Users have to have been at FTN for over 8 weeks and reached Power Status by time & GB upped before they can even ask for an invite, and then after that providing they are active they might, just might, get to ask for more only once per week.

Which is why I suggest members here have to have been here (in the invites section) for 8 or more weeks before they should be allowed to ask for FTN, it's the same rules only applied here, which is fair I think, and have 2 stars under their name, which proves a level of being involved and what you are involved in.
    Very good idea man.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    bwaduk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    bwaduk - go to the website, and then add "signup.php" to the end. I thought I'd fool'd the system, but if you try to signup, it goes to takesignup.php which is page cannot be displayed
    ive been a proud member of FTN now for over a year....... so i would think i know how the invite system and signup page works wouldnt you ?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post

They are only annoying when you get them posted by posters without a good history to check back on, I mean what stranger is going to take a chance on using their invite on you, what makes you stand out from the crowd, what have you done for other members here over those who have been here 6 months or a year and are still looking for FTN?

Users have to have been at FTN for over 8 weeks and reached Power Status by time & GB upped before they can even ask for an invite, and then after that providing they are active they might, just might, get to ask for more only once per week.

Which is why I suggest members here have to have been here (in the invites section) for 8 or more weeks before they should be allowed to ask for FTN, it's the same rules only applied here, which is fair I think, and have 2 stars under their name, which proves a level of being involved and what you are involved in.
    Very good idea man.
    This does NOT apply to Adam1990, he got his pretty "quick", as far as I remembered ....maybe some "favoritism' involved who knows?? .Now he is a "big shot", after securing a F*N, voicing his 2 cents, plus his Userbar to "Brag" about............LOL
    Last edited by Enlightened; 10-16-2007 at 07:47 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaduk View Post
    bwaduk - go to the website, and then add "signup.php" to the end. I thought I'd fool'd the system, but if you try to signup, it goes to takesignup.php which is page cannot be displayed
    ive been a proud member of FTN now for over a year....... so i would think i know how the invite system and signup page works wouldnt you ?
    They must have got like thousands of people filling that thing everyday

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by BestTrade_Ever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post

Very good idea man.
    This does NOT apply to Adam1990, he got his pretty "quick", as far as I remembered ....maybe some "favoritism' involved who knows?? .Now he is a "big shot", havibg F*N, voicing his 2 cents............LOL
    There's no accounting for what sysops do, but when they go awol it leaves a void to be filled, that's where users with invites can come in, and having a template to follow can only be a good thing.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by BestTrade_Ever View Post

This does NOT apply to Adam1990, he got his pretty "quick", as far as I remembered ....maybe some "favoritism' involved who knows?? .Now he is a "big shot", havibg F*N, voicing his 2 cents............LOL
    There's no accounting for what sysops do, but when they go awol it leaves a void to be filled, that's where users with invites can come in, and having a template to follow can only be a good thing.
    I wish there is a "Fair & Square" methodology in awarding High Lvlel Invites to "Deserving & HonesT'" members, who have been waiting in the wings for awhile.Not to mention they have been contributing to the FST community for awhile and OVERLOOK !!!!!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    dashboardy's Avatar teh sex0r BT Rep: +1
    ya I know, they're annoying, but hey this is the bittorrents invite section

by the way, just curious what the requirements are for the users on FTN to get invites... I have heard that only site staff have invites - is this true?

very true. as I said, I don't expect an invite. And you're right, I'm about as noobish as you can get on these forums - 8 posts, no major discussions to speak of. I've pretty much watched from the background, and if I had never seen anyone get an invite to a site on here, I wouldn't even bother.

but there have been people who have been invited to F*N on these forums, so I figured I would take a shot. It would be more than worth it if someone gave one to me. However, if those are the requirements, someone would have to have very good reason to give me an invite, and nobody here does.

I'm actually quite happy with the sites I am on. You can see the main ones I use in my userbar sig. From what I can see most sites distribute most of the same things.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    things that help when requesting a high level invite:

- introduce yourself. people want to know who they invite.
    - don't tell people what you know about the site. they are members there and know that it's a great tracker.
    - tell them why to invite exactly you. what makes you different from others

most important rule:

talk about youself and you bore me. talk about me and you fascinate me.
    show the inviter the benefit he gets by inviting you

nobody needs to invite you. persuade people by talking about their benefits.

basically before writing a request be able to answer this questions:

-who am i?
    -why should the inviter invite me?
    -what's the benefit for the inviter.

quite simple.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-16-2007 at 09:04 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I support all the request posts. This is indeed a invites section only. I also hope nobody ridicules the request posts. Just because some of us have high level trackers doesnt give us any right to put down a request....after all its just a request.
    If there is a generous person, then that request will be granted.
    No brick bats for requests...unless they request is totally off the wall

But one advice: you need to do something amazing to get an invite (either stupid or smart)
    Without all these invite requests..it will get boring here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast