Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Request - big surprise - FTN

I been here for 5 Months , I help some people , I make some friends .

And i want to join to FTN one day too , but i never make a public request for that .. because i feel like I must to do more , and be a better user here. (Not just request the invite)

I think that SgtMajor have a good point

Not all the member can request high lvl trackers. You must to deserve it.

Thats all.
    Last edited by tiolewis; 10-17-2007 at 03:48 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by tiolewis View Post

And i want to join to FTN one day too , but i never make a public request for that .. because i feel like I must to do more , and be a better user here. (And just to request the invite)

And you ask for the same invite with 8 - 9 post ?

I think that SgtMajor have a good point

Not all the member can request high lvl trackers. You must to deserve it.

Thats all.
    everyone has the right to make a request if it's done in a proper way.
    i rather read 20 requests than one stupid trading offer.

don't put yourself down too much. if you want something, ask for it!
    if it didn't work, think about what you can do better and try again.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    Im not putting my self down ... if someone think of giveaway an IMPORTANT invite , i want to have facts and reasons to be consider ... not only a simple request.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    kampuz's Avatar Adminstrador BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by asafb View Post
    Nop..
    8 weeks and 200 gb upload if I'm not mistaken...
    FTN power
    After you've past that you can request an invite,
    This doesn't mean you'll get 1
    yup!!!

• No Trade!
    • No Sharing!
    • No Seller!

Only a good seedbox that can seed

Danny Kampuz in the House!

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by tiolewis View Post

And i want to join to FTN one day too , but i never make a public request for that .. because i feel like I must to do more , and be a better user here. (And just to request the invite)
    Waiting 5 months requires hell of patience which you have. In addition to that, with 100 rep points you are more than a trusted member. So i think, it's time you should make a request m8...i am sure there is an invite waiting for u...you just gotta call for it.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 10-17-2007 at 12:36 AM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    brandon doesnt seem to be giving them out anymore after those couple he did a week or 2 ago, im sure most members who have been here for a while and are active expect that if they request it wont happen, at least thats what i would expect if i were to start a thread for it. although i do have a b-day coming up in about 2 weeks, maybe i could start one around then and get lucky.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    dashboardy's Avatar teh sex0r BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    things that help when requesting a high level invite:

- introduce yourself. people want to know who they invite.
    - don't tell people what you know about the site. they are members there and know that it's a great tracker.
    - tell them why to invite exactly you. what makes you different from others

most important rule:

talk about youself and you bore me. talk about me and you fascinate me.
    show the inviter the benefit he gets by inviting you

nobody needs to invite you. persuade people by talking about their benefits.

basically before writing a request be able to answer this questions:

-who am i?
    -why should the inviter invite me?
    -what's the benefit for the inviter.

quite simple.
    Makes sense. In reality the onlly thing that someone can say benefits the inviter is that he will be inviting an active member of the torrenting community, one who contributes as well as takes. Of course - this is filesharing, requiring both actions. I look at some sites with ~15000 users and see that the most active torrents are downloaded maybe 1000 times, and most are downloaded 15 times, with popular tv shows being downloaded most on average of 500-1000 times. On several trackers I leech then seed simiply for the sake of leeching and seeding, and being an active member. Of course the way torrenting is set up, the best member is an active member. This is what gives large sites like TL and oink advantages over smaller ones - even if 10% of the userbase is very active, that's still a lot of active users on every torrent. This is the strength of the bittorrent protocol

This is what I have to offer - being active in the filesharing scene, and the only advantage I can think of is that the inviter will have invited a good sharer, and an active member. I'll probably see the argument that I'm not very active in this particular forum, but I never claimed to be. Of course, that said, I obviously have no proof of what I claim, which again, is why I understand that the odds are essentially 0 that I'll get an invite.

Odds: essentially 0 if asking for invite, exactly 0 if not asking

I'll take the essentially 0

In response to your post, tiolewis, I agree, you should have priority over getting a high level invite than me. I wish you luck in getting any invite you desire. You've obviously helped out a great deal and particularly by your btrep you obviously deserve it. However, I don't see the point in responding the way you did - I can ask all I want for an invite - most people don't have one, and even fewer would give me one over you.
    Last edited by dashboardy; 10-17-2007 at 02:43 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    brandon doesnt seem to be giving them out anymore after those couple he did a week or 2 ago, im sure most members who have been here for a while and are active expect that if they request it wont happen, at least thats what i would expect if i were to start a thread for it. although i do have a b-day coming up in about 2 weeks, maybe i could start one around then and get lucky.
    I agree, havent seen Brandon gifting FTN invites these days!!

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    things that help when requesting a high level invite:

- introduce yourself. people want to know who they invite.
    - don't tell people what you know about the site. they are members there and know that it's a great tracker.
    - tell them why to invite exactly you. what makes you different from others

most important rule:

talk about youself and you bore me. talk about me and you fascinate me.
    show the inviter the benefit he gets by inviting you

nobody needs to invite you. persuade people by talking about their benefits.

basically before writing a request be able to answer this questions:

-who am i?
    -why should the inviter invite me?
    -what's the benefit for the inviter.

quite simple.
    Makes sense. In reality the onlly thing that someone can say benefits the inviter is that he will be inviting an active member of the torrenting community, one who contributes as well as takes. Of course - this is filesharing, requiring both actions. I look at some sites with ~15000 users and see that the most active torrents are downloaded maybe 1000 times, and most are downloaded 15 times, with popular tv shows being downloaded most on average of 500-1000 times. On several trackers I leech then seed simiply for the sake of leeching and seeding, and being an active member. Of course the way torrenting is set up, the best member is an active member. This is what gives large sites like TL and oink advantages over smaller ones - even if 10% of the userbase is very active, that's still a lot of active users on every torrent. This is the strength of the bittorrent protocol

This is what I have to offer - being active in the filesharing scene, and the only advantage I can think of is that the inviter will have invited a good sharer, and an active member. I'll probably see the argument that I'm not very active in this particular forum, but I never claimed to be. Of course, that said, I obviously have no proof of what I claim, which again, is why I understand that the odds are essentially 0 that I'll get an invite.

In response to your post, tiolewis, I agree, you should have priority over getting a high level invite than me. I wish you luck in getting any invite you desire. You've obviously helped out a great deal and particularly by your btrep you obviously deserve it. However, I don't see the point in responding the way you did - I can ask all I want for an invite - most people don't have one, and even fewer would give me one over you.
    Good attitude dashboardy
    Good to see that you took all that as constructive criticism.
    Sorry, i didn't meant to preach anything here. I am not that old here myself. But if you stay active you ll find some good people here who maybe able to help you

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    Snaidis's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fazzy07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post

Good attitude dashboardy
    Good to see that you took all that as constructive criticism.
    Sorry, i didn't meant to preach anything here. I am not that old here myself. But if you stay active you ll find some good people here who maybe able to help you
    Here you go ,dashboardy, you are already starting to make some friends here, keep being active and you will get it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123