Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips on buffering my OiNK

kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Votes in request and when the file filled grab it first... i do this several times and it boost my ratio but sometimes i missed it..but it is a great help in buffering your account.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    Votes in request and when the file filled grab it first... i do this several times and it boost my ratio but sometimes i missed it..but it is a great help in buffering your account.

buffering is for n00bs. leeching rulez!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thanks guys!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

Need some Buffers before the ultimate leeching....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

Need some Buffers before the ultimate leeching....
    or a site that has no ratio system

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Having a buffer is always great. But DO be careful with having a buffer too big that it would arouse suspicion... I say, keep a good steady 10 or 20 gig buffer is fine, anything more than that is just troublesome.
    eee

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post
    Having a buffer is always great. But DO be careful with having a buffer too big that it would arouse suspicion... I say, keep a good steady 10 or 20 gig buffer is fine, anything more than that is just troublesome.
    because they think youre cheating or because they will think youre gonna trade it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by nihility View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post
    because they think youre cheating or because they will think youre gonna trade it?
    Mhmm

Ofcourse, i speak from the view of a bad user . Im sure if your new to OiNK, and have never had an account their before, and drop by the IRC/Contact one of the staff and speak honestly about your plans on buffering your account etc..they would let you
    Last edited by Me<3You; 10-17-2007 at 06:29 AM.
    eee

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    The latter, more than often.

I keep my buffers somewhat large because come summer I'm moving back to the States and will have a crummy ISP for about six months. Not to say I won't make my best effort to seed back what I download then (how hard is it to simply let your torrents stay alive for a couple weeks, leechers...), but I know it'll be hard to stay above 1.0...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    i'm actually with you on having a pretty large buffer on oink. by pretty large i mean about 75gb. and this was primarily from two years on a college dorm room connection, because i knew going home for the summer to crappy cable would destroy anything i'd built up. and it did eat a chunk of it, but my connection off campus now isn't horrible.

it's always useful to check the worst seeded torrents in the top ten [especially when they're huge programs], or if you know there's a big release coming up soon, search for it every few minutes; you're bound to get a bunch of transcoded torrents that everybody will jump on anyway, and it will take the mods a while to actually take them down so you can usually get your money's worth out of it if you're on early. plus, if you stumble on to someone who uploaded the real thing, then you're in really early for what you know will be a massive swarm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast