3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster
    woh dude your getting ripped by you UL speed

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I can afford it. People gotta upload.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Well as far as downloading at fast speeds= slow upload speed....it holds true to its own. Right now I just finished a movie (22 seeders/ 68(I think) leechers) with a constant rate of over 200 kB/s d/l speed(occassionally hitting 300 and over) and the upload speed just sits there at 30-40 kB/s or so, but right now its going over that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    nice
    i see azerus the java client
    abc the client based off of shadows just with interface
    and shadows

isnt it nice to have an open source p2p app
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    excalis's Avatar Member
    WTF!!!!! I almost had a heart attack, Sure those pics ain't Photoshoped. The max I can get is 65/dl @ a 25/dl max average, I can't upload more than 27kB

If those are true speeds then All Hail The Mighty T1. How much do you pay monthly for that type of service? Ever Try benchmarking that Beast?

Try using

http://broadbandreports.com

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by madness@20 December 2003 - 20:11
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2,11 December 2003 - 06:32
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2,9 December 2003 - 08:36
    well for one drop whatever you think is the best bt client and get shad0ws client, or something built on shad0ws core like torrent storm or ABC
    then even if your on broadband, put your connection on dial up/isdn and you should get better speeds than on unlimited, but if you do this your cheating
    and you will download more than you upload and could ultimately hurt the bt community
    so if you do this make sure you leave it open AFTER IT FINISHES!!!!! at least a 1 to 1 ratio
    more the better, its just not fair to the other if you don't
    if you want to leach look into irc or news gourps
    DSL/Cable Slow would be more like it (at least for me, cable user). Speeds tend to hit anywhere from 150 kB/s - 225 kB/s. As muchspl2 said that would be considered cheating if you close after completing the download. Do your part and give back, I usually leave it running and allow a few more to complete to increase seeders.

Those of you asking, use the latest Experiment version vS.5.8.7, has fixes from previous versions.
    just to nail the point home

now remember to seed afterwards

muchspl2

I have noticed this "anomaly" with my BT experimantal client a while ago (3KB upload = best dl speed) - but have no idea why it works this way - do you?
    [/quote]
    i have it on spuper seed but i cant get it off... what do i do?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    muchspl2
    should be able to just reinstall it, or you could try restoring the defaults in advance tab
    I don't know I never tried to turn it off

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    There are a few key things that can affect you DL speeds when using BitTorrent.

1) If you are behind a router, you need to forward the ports 6881-6889 in your router configuration in order to get decent DL speeds.

2) The more Seeds and Peers there are for a file, the better your DL speed will be. Ideally, there would be more Seeders than Peers for the best DL speeds but I've gotten great DL rates with only 5 Seeders and 100 Peers. Basically, the more total people trying to get a particular Torrent, the more potential sources you have for available download bandwidth.

3) I use TorrentStorm for my BT client and there is an option to limit your UPLOAD speed. You should set this limit for around 80% or so of your MAX UPLOAD rate. For example, the fastest my ISP will let me upload is 32KB/sec so I have my Max Upload speed limited in TorrentStorm to be 25KB/sec. If you don't hold back a little of your upload bandwidth, your downloads will choke and be really slow since your computer needs to have some upload bandwidth available to send requests for more data to download.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast