Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...but why is everbody after SCT?

Poster BT Rep: +2
    well almost many ppl need sct ... i think its famous enough to ask lol

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    embolism's Avatar Anti abuse COP!! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Alright nothing special, somebody please close thread, thanks.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I beleive.....'s Avatar in truth BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by lessthanfour View Post
    They raised the userlimit to 17000 (another 1000) on the 18th... maybe that's why.

I honestly can't tell you for certain, though. It seems like invite request threads come in swarms. One week everyone wants FTN, another week they want ScT, another week they want Revolt, etc. It could just be people thinking "Hey, if he's requesting it, why can't I?"

Also called inertia.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by birney29 View Post
    and y will they request that next ???
    Unfortunately, the answer to that lies within the WAIW thread. If someone artificially boosts a site for some inane reason, then people will want that site regardless of whether it has any meaning for them or not.

Today, I canceled three accounts because I did not use them. The nature of the accounts would make other people go *how could you* basing their belief on the where the site fit on the WAIW thread; and before anyone says...why did I not give the account away...my answer is because that is the biggest risk to tracker security -- which leads to another discussion, what lesson can be learned from the Oink shutdown

But I digress....

Personally, I found it humbling but also a valuable lesson learned for myself: to not hop on sites just because. So my good deed of the day is that I freed up some slots on some trackers that I hope others who WANT to be part of will no be able to.

ok,,,,I'm jumping off my soapbox now
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    cuz its the best scene tracker ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birney29 View Post
    and y will they request that next ???
    Unfortunately, the answer to that lies within the WAIW thread. If someone artificially boosts a site for some inane reason, then people will want that site regardless of whether it has any meaning for them or not.
    I total agree with you man,before few months(7-8) i havent even know abouth sct,but then i start to hear that is high level tracker and all that and from then i start to how to get invite bla bla,but the true is that u dont need any of high level tracker if u have TL,revTT,ST,SCC and few others..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    whats SCT exactly?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrustrup View Post
    whats SCT exactly?
    Here U Go:

Security Council Trademark, got it.......

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I thought it meant Security Caution Terminal???

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Scrolling Continuously Tickers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12