Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Using That Pesky Adobe Acrobat?

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i've never even heard of this foxit business. i just did a format and to read the changelogs for nVidias video drivers i need a pdf reader. was gettin' ready to install the new 8.1.1 adobe reader tonite. that's basically all i use pdf for is for nVidia. i've NEVER had a need to use it otherwise. foxit is something i need to look in to? thx for the heads up.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It is a good alternative, but snee is right that it can't render some docs. However, those are so few and far between that it's almost a non-issue.

I like foxit because it's a stand-alone app and takes almost 0 time to launch (MUCH unlike acrobat reader)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

@Snee... I've been using Foxit Reader for over 2 years now and never had any problem, even when reading big documents and eBooks...

Maybe it's hardware (i.e. RAM) related with you?

No, Foxit just can't render certain multimedia content in pdfs. I don't know if they support it at all, if they do I assume they are a couple of steps behind the latest revision of the format.

The particular one I tried had flash-forms and whatnot.
    Foxit also has trouble rendering text in certain documents as previously stated. It's in no way hardware-related, as it's happened on more than one machine. Not to mention that I know a fair bit about how hardware-errors manifest themselves wrt software malfunctions.

Some people also claim that Sumatra renders certain text better, and/or sharper. I don't know about that, but I do know that it handles basic pdfs just as well as Foxit, from what I've seen.

Again, I'm not saying that exploring other options is bad, but Adobe Reader is still the only pdf-reader I know of that fully supports its own format

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I've been using Foxit for a couple months now, no complaints.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    One question..

How can i change .pdf file to .jpg using Foxit...? Is there a way to change it...I downloaded foxit editor but cannot find a way to change it... anyone?..
    Last edited by kirktrix; 10-27-2007 at 11:56 AM.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    bataya's Avatar ☆Red Star Forever☆ BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Foxit is gr8, i use it for a long time.... i hate big fat app like adobe acrobat, acdsee... etc
    there is no unconquerable fortress, there is only good and bad conquerors...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i've never even heard of this foxit business. i just did a format and to read the changelogs for nVidias video drivers i need a pdf reader. was gettin' ready to install the new 8.1.1 adobe reader tonite. that's basically all i use pdf for is for nVidia. i've NEVER had a need to use it otherwise. foxit is something i need to look in to? thx for the heads up.
    yes yes yes, watch it load and smile.

Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    One question..

How can i change .pdf file to .jpg using Foxit...? Is there a way to change it...I downloaded foxit editor but cannot find a way to change it... anyone?..
    You are correct it does not have this option. does acrobat?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post

You are correct it does not have this option. does acrobat?
    Thanks... yup acrobat has it.. but only in professional edition....you can save as the file with different format.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    never new of this. could really use this program as my computer just freezes when loading a pdf from the website

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Timer's Avatar Dr. n00b
    You can finish reading a whole book in foxit reader before adobe even opens. try it. =P

Code:
    >brain\run g33k.bat
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast