Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Vista to XP ! - need to keep drivers !

fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @digmen1...

Have you guys tried Ubuntu?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Thanks guys.

Upgrading to XP looks to hard so we have decided to get some more RAM.

But thanks very much for your help.

Regards

Digby

Its only as hard as you make it or so I tell my wife , kidding a side the sales rep were your friend bought the computer should be shot ! I mean come on 512 mb for Vista ? Win 98 or Win 2000 ok .

I have friends that bought computers with Vista and 2gb of ram that complain to me about performance , which is why I usually format and install XP Pro for them . I always delete the bullshit partition and just give them a copy of Black or Indego . Using programs like Everest or Belarc well help you with the drivers or google is a good start .

Buy the ram but be careful , check how many slots he has it may be better to just get a 2 gb ram strip and stay there . Give or sell the 512 to a friend . Good luck tho .

Let me clarify the memory statement , its some times cheaper to buy a strip of 1 or 2 gb than two 512 .
    I give an example here in Canadian funds . I'm guessing its DDR 2 ?

http://www.alinx.ca/displayproducts....e=Memory&id=11
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-27-2007 at 07:47 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    your_creator's Avatar the sky is falling
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    how you UPgrade to xp from vista
    you downgrade... you cant do that, even small softwares like KLite codec packs cant downgrade then how can it be possible for an OS.
    I'm pretty sure "upgrade from vista to XP" was a play on words because we all know Vista sucks and yes going from Vista to XP is an upgrade

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by your_creator View Post
    how you UPgrade to xp from vista
    you downgrade... you cant do that, even small softwares like KLite codec packs cant downgrade then how can it be possible for an OS.
    I'm pretty sure "upgrade from vista to XP" was a play on words because we all know Vista sucks and yes going from Vista to XP is an upgrade
    We all know what he means and yes it really seems to be an upgrade on system performance . I get that question all the time " Peat what do you use " you can pay for or leach any O/S and you still use XP Pro ? Yep and Yeppers .
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-27-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Smelling

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    you downgrade... you cant do that...
    sure u can. while u have vista on ur pc retailers give u the option to "revert" ur system from vista to xp now.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    nails thats a backup system, it will only restore what eva was there before upgrading to anything else, you cant call that un down grade.
    i dont know why your pissed about vista but am using it for almost a year and i have no problem to some minor problems.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    @bawa, its just a matter of choice in anything you do from cars to computers . I tried Vista too and just found XP a little faster in my limited everyday use . You can't make choices for people be it Browsers or O/S they'll vote with their feet .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    @peat, am talking facts am trying to help them over come their wrong point of views, vista is much faster if you have correct hardware for it, offcorse if you want to run vista with 1gb ram youll have slow computer. driver wise, if you goto any site hardware sites 1st option youll see will be vista both 64 and 32. there is nothing wrong with vista its only a matter of moving on or not moving on. some just cant get around in new interface and find XP quite easy and some just dont have correct hardware as i said, some also have non standard manufactured hardwares(china) which neither windows nor them self support it with proper driver so obviously it will not work on vista.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    @peat, am talking facts am trying to help them over come their wrong point of views...
    That's where I stopped.
    You're not talking facts, you're talking subjectively. I prefer Vista whereas peat prefers XP. Neither of us holds a right or wrong point of view; your statement is arrogant in the extreme.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    this is where i stop Chewie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nails
    We all know what he means and yes it really seems to be an upgrade on system performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Digmen1
    I have a friend who was sucked in to buying a new pc with Vista and only 512K of RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    @peat, am talking facts am trying to help them over come their wrong point of views, vista is much faster if you have correct hardware for it
    talk out of your mind not your ass

Benjamen button

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast