Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how about we stop torrent trading!!!

misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    dont you guys realize that posting stat proofs is loads of evidence alone for having a site watched? the badguys can just as easily watch those posts to see the kind of traffic a site is getting. not to mention the reviews

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
    IDK if you understood me, I am not blaming this forum, but all places. We should think about it and think about security after what happend and learn lesson from it.
    most torrent trackers are security violators themselves, they expose releases to masses, bringing heat to the scene without loosing much sleep over it. indexing torrents may or may not be punishable, but sceners go to jail. for a long time.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    @ DV8 I also said

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    ...Stop trying to blame and appreciate and respect staff members AND Staff members lighten up a bit the community would be better off

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    The only guarenteed way to stop everything is to shut down all trackers. That trusted individual that people talk about could be the very person that get's the site shut down. These aren't 3 month investigations these are 3 year ones that are occuring.

Since this is highly doubtful trackers are going to close their doors people need to stop blaming each other and work at finding a better solution.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Exactly Brian! Glad to see someone finnaly gets it. Thanks you you have made my day

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    there can never be a solution to what happened to oink becaue internet filesharing works has been
    working in trends as follows:
    - 5-10 years ago you had warez sites i mean http sites that you could enter and d/l what ever you wanted this included mp3s throug napster also
    - 3-5 years ago kazza Morpheus and a hole lot of other p2p programs appeared but were shut down
    3 years ago to this day we hae torrents which are the main source for scene oriented content

Everybody shuold understand one thing we are just the final destination in the whole warez scene chain of distribution. Before a movie , game, app or what ever gets through to a torrent site you have a whole scene of couriers and distribution groups like fairlight and razor1911 among others that bring the product out to the internet and THEY are who the fbi riaa and everybody are really after so what we do is nothing were just the small fish and oink was just another source so you can not blame any individual on what happened because frankly what happened to oink was inevitable and will happen sooner or later to every tracker out there or to bittorent in general
    Last edited by Totti; 10-26-2007 at 02:21 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @Totti
    False man...Oink was certainly considered as a big target becoz it was sharing a real lot of music amoungst an enormous number of users. Small trackers who are very private are not really a target for FBI or RIAA. Also groups like fairlight and razor1911 are not the direct target for the RIAA...they concentrate more on people sharing big masses of movies n music.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    from tl's point of view i hate seeing invites or accounts to my site traded any where i do not blame the sites they are posted on i blame the user doing it as he is the one who agreed to tl's rules

also i am happy to say if you check out the tl forums you will not see 1 invites/account trade or give away post.
    i have never allowed this on tl i went as far as not letting our users name other sites on tl boards that might seem over the top but it did what was needed

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I'm pretty sure all TL members did was just go to other places and did what they wanted anyway. I'm ok with banning trading but if your friends with people on the forum and you can help them out getting into a site and vice versa I really don't see a problem with it. That's just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by briand5379; 10-26-2007 at 10:40 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalman View Post

what do you guys think?
    TEH FBi HIZ WATCHING US !1!

You don't know jack, that what i think.

Erm.. sorry if I over reacted you're probably young and stuff but those kind of threads are starting to seriously pissing me off.

Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 10-26-2007 at 10:53 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast