Thread: What.cd [public apology & hatard note]

I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    squirr3l,
    Why dont you:

Email the site owner?
    Give him a call?
    Visit him at home for cake and coffee?

You may become good friends
    Last edited by fook3d; 10-29-2007 at 04:58 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Do i miss something?.... WTF is what? everybody is talking about it now...
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    you just did the good thing Bro.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    Banning squirr3l was lame. Why give us 25 invites each and then ban someone for giving them all alway. Theres nothing in the rules stating how we must give out invites.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have never known any site to give away more than five for new users what do they exspect every user to know 25 trust worthy members on the internet that uses bit torrent i would see it as they gave you the immpresion the invites are to be handed out to anybody to build up there member stats and get the site going this is certainely the impresion i would have got with twentyfive invites and this is also why stmusic done the same i got twenty invites to invite people every invitee i invite i recieve 150 meg bonus well i used to but im unsure if this is the case now.

I am certain i don't know twenty five people online who use bittorrent let alone know them well enough to know they are not crooks or cheats
    Last edited by sleepyy; 10-29-2007 at 05:26 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by relleuM View Post
    Banning squirr3l was lame. Why give us 25 invites each and then ban someone for giving them all alway. Theres nothing in the rules stating how we must give out invites.
    [quote=Forumas;2375172]
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosher View Post

I invited 25 users in a short period of time on their IRC after asking for a ratio proof (as did tons of other users)

I'm not sure how this is any different.. does is matter if they do the ratio/email exchange via PM here or via msg on their IRC?

It's also not like they are super-secret or anything.. they even have an invite bot!

That makes no sense?
    i agree with u,but only different from u was that he open new topic asking more invite,he could just pm some of the staff and ask for more,but not open new topic abouth that.after oink is down people are been paranoid abouth that he invited so many people in short time,and for someone the main reasone why is oink down because of invite system..

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    ha, its like the old asshole OiNK staff are back with different names, squirr3l dont worry its not hard for your invites to get invited back everyone has 25 invites. Unless you guys are IP banned.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    [quote=Forumas;2375289]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosher View Post

I invited 25 users in a short period of time on their IRC after asking for a ratio proof (as did tons of other users)

I'm not sure how this is any different.. does is matter if they do the ratio/email exchange via PM here or via msg on their IRC?

It's also not like they are super-secret or anything.. they even have an invite bot!

That makes no sense?
    i agree with u,but only different from u was that he open new topic asking more invite,he could just pm some of the staff and ask for more,but not open new topic abouth that.after oink is down people are been paranoid abouth that he invited so many people in short time,and for someone the main reasone why is oink down because of invite system..
    How do sites stay alive that do not require an invite just open registration stay alive then i have been a member of one which has been open for over two years and they even anounce in their irc channel what has been uploaded and people openly talking about what they are going to upload app music films dvdr the lot or don't the copy rights people care about sites such as this? or do they only want the more popular sites in question. 3000 torrents is quite a bit of copy written material
    Last edited by sleepyy; 10-29-2007 at 05:35 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    davidw89's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    If this site goes to 100k users then maybe will be as good as oink..no private torrent site wil lbeat oink unless it has at least 100-150k users and strict quality control (and allows home loseless rip)

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    McLovin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    actually.. staff wasn't as bad as I first thought..

snootem: I was invited last night by a user that invited a slew of users on a forum, and you disabled him and his invite tree (which included me) .. I was already seeding and have a seedbox. Is there anyway you can reactive my account? I plan to keep seeding.
    xorian done snootem
    snootem thank you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast