Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Usenetserver.com problems

Another UNS user here, at least for this month..

I tried test accounts from Access Usenet (100mb) and NewsDemon (1gig) so far. Not sure how speeds would've been with Access Usenet due to the small download cap. News Demon seems fairly consistent for me, usually staying near by max downstream (12Mbps)

Access Usenet just required an email to get a trial. NewsDemon I had to open an ticket for but I received it within an hour.

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    I was with AccessUsenet and with 20 Connections my speed was maxing out my 14Mbit connection on the 50GB a month plan for an awesome price (worked out even cheaper if you purchased the year).

However when NGroups.Net had here lifetime Unlimited special last month for $9.99 it was to good to pass up and am also getting max speeds. So guess I will be sticking around for life here unless something cheaper comes along which I don't forsee.

Therefore even at the $14.95 it is now for new subscribers I suggest checking NGroups out also.

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Poster
    Update from usenetserver

Wed, 7 Nov 2007 03:26:04 GMT

We have identified the cause of the network instability that some users have been experiencing lately. We have ordered replacement hardware which should be here on Nov 8. In the mean time, we have rerouted part of our internal network to get around the issue temporarily. However, some customers may still see a few errors during peak times. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank You,
    Engineering
    -------------------

I don't trust them at all.
    I am still looking around for a new provider. PowerUsenet or giganews > Do they offer monthly plan like usenetserver ?

Good luck to all

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    we shall see what happens.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I'm getting a massive 10k/sec from 8 connections now...let's see what happens tomorrow..
    Now go away.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    I never had any major problems with speed. I had 4-5 connections with the Error400 but still DL'ed around 3-4MB/s on my university connection so no complaints I did take them up on their 1 free extra week offer through customer service for the "hassle"

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I have a 12MB line they haven't been close to maxing out is as long as I can remember.

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by soccermatt34 View Post
    I never had any major problems with speed. I had 4-5 connections with the Error400 but still DL'ed around 3-4MB/s on my university connection so no complaints I did take them up on their 1 free extra week offer through customer service for the "hassle"
    Where is this offer?

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soccermatt34 View Post
    Where is this offer?

If you contacted customer support and told them you had Error 400 issues, they gave you an extra free week for the trouble. A+ in my book :-)

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    I'm maxing my speeds once again; it was only after many phone calls and online chat and level #2 support plus they give me 2 weeks for my headache. I guess you have to be like me and be very, very impatient and uncompromising with your internet service.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast