Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vcd Vs. Svcd

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Ok i've been burning this shit for a while now most movies are 90 mins (1hour 30 mins) and I put them on 700 mb cd-rs all the time 2500 is just the max its set at the min is 300. So like I said before go and download daredevil. As for do they work in dvd players yes and no cause they play in mine but not everyones but they still will play on your comp with WinDVD or PowerDVD for Windows XP. If u get the movie (Daredevil ) when it completes then tell me how stupid u feel.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    One more thing...

Can i download an AVI file and then turn it into MPEG-2?
    If so how many bitrates is good quality?

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Is this one yours Daredevil -Grencode-.mpg «dl»
    Seeing as no one is seeding it i think that i will not bother to d'ld your shit gayencode.

2500 is just the max its set at the min is 300. 
    So then you set it at the Minimum, is that what you are saying? Again I can draw better than that.

Anyway I really do not need to arguw with you about this, because i think that Ruff has taken my advce and stopped listening to you.

As for do they work in dvd players yes and no cause they play in mine but not everyones
    Perhaps your DVD player is divx compatibel. Cuz from what you are saying the only way to burn a 2 hour movie at good quality is to compress using divx or a similar format.

Quote from DVDrhelp.com this article Or perhaps you know more than the creators of that site aswell

SVCD stands for "Super VideoCD". A SVCD is very similiar to a VCD, it has the capacity to hold about 35-60 minutes on 74/80 min

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Originally posted by RuffRyda@15 July 2003 - 22:08
    One more thing...

Can i download an AVI file and then turn it into MPEG-2?
    If so how many bitrates is good quality?
    Yes, please I have said this a couple of times for a complete walthrough on how to do it follow the link in my sig. Very straight forward instruction. If you have any questions please use the link given at the end of the tutorial.

As for bitrate, for animated syuff i usually never go lower than 2050 (just where I like it) as for a usuall movie go as high as possible.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Anyway I really do not need to arguw with you about this, because i think that Ruff has taken my advce and stopped listening to you.
    Yes, I have taken your adivice.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Its amazing how much people think they know just from reading a guide or something on the internet well I guess he just too smart for me he knows all about them, I guess he invented them well i wont say anything else cause he just soooo smart. Also I am seeding my daredevil it has about 68 leechers and about 7:00 8:00 u will see more and my DVD player (Panasonic RV-32) is not divx compatible and if it is it doesn't matter because its an .mpg. Another I was never giving advice I just stated what I can't do don't hate cause u can't. I'm out, don't reply to this cause I don't want to see no more weak shit you've wrote. Holla at ya boy

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Originally posted by Gre1@15 July 2003 - 22:55
    Its amazing how much people think they know just from reading a guide or something on the internet well I guess he just too smart for me he knows all about them, I guess he invented them well i wont say anything else cause he just soooo smart. Also I am seeding my daredevil it has about 68 leechers and about 7:00 8:00 u will see more and my DVD player (Panasonic RV-32) is not divx compatible and if it is it doesn't matter because its an .mpg. Another I was never giving advice I just stated what I can't do don't hate cause u can't. I'm out, don't reply to this cause I don't want to see no more weak shit you've wrote. Holla at ya boy
    Dont fuckin pull some cop out shit cuz you realize that you are wrong. Admit the shit.

No i did not invent it, I am not even an expert. I linked you to the number 1 help site and I think that they may no just a little more than you. I would call whoever wrote that article and expert.

As for it being an .mpg you have do more than change the extension to make it an .mpg

And i feel for those 68 leechers cuz they are gonna be waitin for a guaranteed peice of shit.

If you want me to take a shit on a .mpg and call it guaranteed i will, i got spare time
    Movie?

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Isn't there a "standard" when it comes to SVCDs?

I am not an expert, but I know one thing. If you don't encode your SVCD at the right bitrate, it won't play correctly in a standalone DVD player. You may be able to play it on your PC, but it won't function right in your DVD player.

Take this for example:

I downloaded some guy's TMPEGENC templates to "fit an SVCD on one CD". The template allowed me to encode about 120 minutes into a 700 meg file. So, it was "SVCD" but something was toned down severely. Well, I put it in my DVD player and it started playing, but the video was blinking out and it wasn't filling the whole screen.

Also, I don't think there's really anything wrong with VCD. As long as the AVI I start out with is excellent quality, the VCD turns out just fine.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@16 July 2003 - 00:12

I downloaded some guy's TMPEGENC templates to "fit an SVCD on one CD". The template allowed me to encode about 120 minutes into a 700 meg file. So, it was "SVCD" but something was toned down severely. Well, I put it in my DVD player and it started playing, but the video was blinking out and it wasn't filling the whole screen.

I am not sure what a template is, I amagine just a set of settings. But as you can see in my above pic, i file that long incoded is going to come out to like 384 kbs, so you make it take less of the screen and maybee bump it to like 1000 (very generous). It is still gonna be shit, I mean what was the end bitrate of the file.

When you start going down really low you will notice it being jumpy, audio cutting in and out. The stuff you described.

I mean as i did show it will fit, but it is gonna be worse quality than a cam version at best. And probably worse with the type of side effects that you said.

Hey dude, nice post, someone actually answered the initial question, haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast